• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Who Doesn't love This Boy

Charlotte Thompson

I was here after Parker came home from his friends party and one stayed the night
what I caught /with them laughing-
what I love most is to capture energy-

DSC_0169-2.jpg

DSC_0174-2.jpg

DSC_0171-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was here after Parker came home from his friends party and one stayed the night
what I caught /with them laughing-
what I love most is to capture energy-
DSC_0169-2.jpg

DSC_0174-2.jpg

DSC_0171-1.jpg

Charlotte,

You do indeed capture his spark and energy. I am impressed that he doesn't rebel. My kids did! He still is a good sport with your photography. I don't understand why the presentations are varied. I have no objection to dark pictures. But why not present a consistent and related form of one sensibility?

Are you able to do that or is there a reason or just it came out that way?

Asher

Nill Toulme

Charlotte I agree with Asher... I think these shots would be more effective if they were lightened up a bit (the middle one is closer to the mark but still too dark for my taste) and presented with a consistent tonality (at least if they are going to be presented together).

And it's partly a matter of subject matter, too, IMHO. The brooding tonalities jar with the cheer of the subject. Maybe it's intentional, but to me it just says "too dark."

Nill

fahim mohammed

I think a little bit of contrast would be to my taste. However, the photog might like it the way they are.
We, each one of us, bring our own interpretations/biases to the table. They might be or not be to the photogs original vision.

I am ok with that.

Yes, Charlotte who indeed would not love this child?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think a little bit of contrast would be to my taste. However, the photog might like it the way they are.

I have already released any lingering notions of technical quality we have come to appreciate in B&W for the sake of the artist's vision when someone takes on a posture of an idea driven worker. So any of the three pictures are entirely acceptable and agreeable to me to consider on their own.

Then, I'd look at that single image for the good in it. The title however is the stumbling block. I already know the child too much from numerous shared pictures. The dark mood of the presentation seems to me to conflict with ideas of "likng". If there was an unknown street urchin, then I'd feel pity. However that does not match his cute energetic impish being we have come to know.

Yes, Charlotte who indeed would not love this child?

Of course!

Asher