• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Phoebe

Carl Harsch

Bored with me taking pictures of her, Phoebe gives me "the look"

31799124-L-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is an interesting portrait! What breed is this and who does his teeth?

Did you frame the picture this way? I like it. Or did you crop it? I like animals that have unique expressions. Do you have any others as good as this? Also can you provide EXIF info? Are there more on your website?

Asher

Carl Harsch

Thanks for the reply, Asher

This is a female English Bulldog...she refused to give up 2 years for braces :)

Yes, I intentionally framed this shot to be tight like this. This particular shot was done with a Canon 10D, manual exposure at 1/125, f/5.0, ISO 100, 70mm (EF 24-70 f/2.8L).

Additional images of Phoebe, along with T-Bone and Porterhouse (male Bulldogs) can be seen at http://www.ohenry.smugmug.com/gallery/724694

Mary Bull

What wonderful dogs and what wonderful pictures, Carl! I really enjoyed seeing all of them on you website.

By coincidence, I got a somewhat similar view of the face of a neighbor's pet, last Saturday morning. She had gotten loose--the owner was walking her two dogs, and this one got away and was bounding about, playfully, as puppies will, refusing to be caught, taking the leash in her mouth--very difficult subject, especially since I had been shooting in AV macro with my G2, and didn't take time to change the shutter speed when I changed from macro back to regular.

The second after I took this shot, she leaped up for me to pet her--but bounded away again, with the leash in her mouth, when I tried to grab it.

Her name is Murphy.

277418764_52fb7b881f.jpg

I got a more focused shot, of the other dog, Angie, and her golden coat made her a better subject, also. But it's just a conventional stance.

However, I may put Angie up here, after a bit, anyway, because she's part of the story of how I went out leaf-shooting and lucked into some great canine pictures, also.

Mary

Mary Bull

This is Angie. She was pretty frisky herself last Saturday morning, when her fellow pet Murphy broke loose from their owner. But she did consent to stand long enough for me to snap this photo. I would have preferred better focus on her face, but she was only still for a second and then pulling away to help her owner chase down the wayward Murphy.

277434663_48ee55b13a.jpg

I finally lured Murphy with a treat of some dry cat food in my hand, when she went into my back yard, with Angie following and pulling their owner along.

Gave Angie some, too--both with the owner's permission. She told me that Angie is a stray, a rescue of sorts. She was, however, without a collar when found. The owner hopes she's a true stray and has found her new home with Murphy as a fellow pet.

Mary