• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Omar, I want to test my Elinchromes..

fahim mohammed

p879058107-5.jpg

And no, you don't to go to Praha this summer. Or Boston.
And I don't care if your mother loves you the most.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p879058107-5.jpg

And no, you don't to go to Praha this summer. Or Boston.
And I don't care if your mother loves you the most.

Fahim,

This picture got me to look at B&W in terms of sharp contrasting patterns of the robe against wonderful gentle shading of Omar's face. Handsome guy!

So the Elinchrom works; the face and headdress are lit perfectly. What about the lower part? What light box/modifier did you use?

Asher

BTW the camera file info is gone, but what is this, the M8 or the D700?

fahim mohammed

Asher, I am very reluctant to use external light sources. I don't know how!! I tried but only a few takes have been passable.

Just unzipped the bags, got the lights set up. Moved the lights. Many more shots. Till Omar got fed up. I did too. Honestly I don't even remember, what I did. I doubt I could replicate it.

Camera D700 + ZF 100/2 Makro Planar.

For the other capture. D700 + ZF 35/2 Distagon. Nik software. Breaking the way I am supposed to do things! First sharpened slightly. Then bw conversion. Then selective glamor glow. Resize for web and post.

Again, sometime ago.

I have since sold my Elins. Good riddance too.

Fahim,

This picture got me to look at B&W in terms of sharp contrasting patterns of the robe against wonderful gentle shading of Omar's face. Handsome guy!

So the Elinchrom works; the face and headdress are lit perfectly. What about the lower part? What light box/modifier did you use?

Asher

BTW the camera file info is gone, but what is this, the M8 or the D700?