• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

morning

charlie chipman

Happy new years to all of you.
This was taken Christmas morning in the desert.
You're thoughts are welcomed.​

PageImage-486589-1904101-mornings.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The low angle lighting on the plants immediately catches one's eye. Dawn! At first I thought it was a rock in the b.g. then I realized a person was waking up, perhaps by you moving around. Then I wondered why the ? jacket was backwards.

It so happens that I have a penchant for pictures of plant heads against the sky, so immediately I find kinship in this and the moment.

Not that the photography is technically outstanding or composed perfectly. It's perhaps oversharpened and it might be even better to see the figure's entire head too. It's just to me at least, quite nostalgic for those times with friends, with no distractions between us and nature.

Asher

charlie chipman

Asher, Thank you for your thoughts. I did take one where she was not blocked by the plant and looking into the camera but I like this version more because it leaves something for the imagination to run with, or so I like to think.

Sandrine, I had an extremely tall periscope that soared into the sky and caught the sun. Through a series of mirrors I directed the light back to earth and pointed it at the side of the plants, or maybe I just used a flash, I don't remember :D
It was all silhouettes with no detail so I introduced some light to the scene. You can see the top of it in the girls hand pointing it at herself, she was holding it for me and when I recomposed she found her way into the scene by accident, I liked it.

What do you think, do you prefer it with the person in the image or with out?

bare.jpg

Sandrine, I had an extremely tall periscope that soared into the sky and caught the sun. Through a series of mirrors I directed the light back to earth and pointed it at the side of the plants, or maybe I just used a flash, I don't remember
I want that! :)