• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: Portrait of a photographer.

5289469419_939ae94f57_z.jpg

Reading Ansel Adams 400 Photographs

Gelatin -silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB, image area 16.2cm X 16.2cm, from a Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Seagull 4A-103A twin lens reflex camera by self-timer.​

A new book is very distracting. The pot of tea is getting cold on the breakfast table. The glorious winter sunbeams flow on ignored. The Pentax Spotmeter lies neglected on the table where it was put down. Framing, focus, aperture, and shutter speed are fine. Those things are routine but a new book isn't.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A splendid gift and balcony photograph! So, how did you trigger the shutter Maris?

I'm surprised that the book is so large as folk have commented that the pictures are small and I'd expected a 57 book. I'd love to get your view as its said that pictures here have more detail in the shadows than the same images previously published but have less emotional appeal on the white paper.

For sure this is a super present! I hope we get a good review of this from someone who really appreciates both the esthetics of the photographs and the skill in making the negatives work.

Asher

Jim Galli

Brrrr........... -6 degrees f this AM as I drove in to work. I want to trade places so I can sit in the sunlight and read a good book.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Maris,

A splendid gift indeed. I am very glad to have finally "met" you.
5289469419_939ae94f57_z.jpg

Reading Ansel Adams 400 Photographs

Gelatin -silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 VC FB, image area 16.2cm X 16.2cm, from a Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Seagull 4A-103A twin lens reflex camera by self-timer.​

A new book is very distracting. The pot of tea is getting cold on the breakfast table. The glorious winter sunbeams flow on ignored. The Pentax Spotmeter lies neglected on the table where it was put down. Framing, focus, aperture, and shutter speed are fine. Those things are routine but a new book isn't.
I also have that book, it is not bad at all. And the size is not too small contrary to what Asher has read about it.

PS: I thought that it was summer now in Southern hemisphere, since you said winter?

Cheers,

Brrrr........... -6 degrees f this AM as I drove in to work. I want to trade places so I can sit in the sunlight and read a good book.

Jim, I sincerely sympathise with your stoic clinging to life at sub-zero temperatures.

The "book reader" was exposed in July, the very bottom of the Southern Hemisphere winter, but Noosa is a mild locality. In the last 6000 years, the paleo-climatologists assure, there has never even been a grass frost.