• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Soft Focus Achromatic Meniscus Nikon D200

Jim Galli

Arm_N_HammerS.jpg

arm & hammer

A 75mm Achromatic Meniscus Doublet that came to me as cast off junk cobbled together with my D200. This is just a first try, but spring is coming! This'll be fun.

OK, torture for you, but fun for me!!

Asher, re-assign to proper category :~'))

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Jim,
"cobbled together"...I'm imagining a very ugly mess of duct tape!
Poor D200!
Regardless of the rigging the image is superb!
Looking forward to seeing more!

Jim Galli

Hi Jim,
"cobbled together"...I'm imagining a very ugly mess of duct tape!
Poor D200!
Regardless of the rigging the image is superb!
Looking forward to seeing more!

Not quite that bad John. I took a body cap which has the bayonet of course, bored a 40mm hole in that, epoxied a 2" Kodak film core to that, and with a little finishing, the brassie slides in and out for different focus'. Still pretty crude though, but the D200 at least remains unmolested.

Got me thinking in color though, which is very different from my usual endeavors. Sadly, the high desert is about as colorless this month as it can possibly be.

Jim, I've just had a look ( aquick one) at your website and the portrait of the guy called "Dennis Eastley" is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen....

Mark Hampton

Not quite that bad John. I took a body cap which has the bayonet of course, bored a 40mm hole in that, epoxied a 2" Kodak film core to that, and with a little finishing, the brassie slides in and out for different focus'. Still pretty crude though, but the D200 at least remains unmolested.

Got me thinking in color though, which is very different from my usual endeavors. Sadly, the high desert is about as colorless this month as it can possibly be.

Jim,

looking forward to more from this rig.... Colour is a strange beast.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus

a book that uses a lens and colour to transport the reader...

cheers