• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is it just me..........

StuartRae

.......... or is anyone else having problems connecting to OPF?

Since late yesterday afternoon I'm getting a lot of "Connecting to...." and "Waiting for....", often followed by a time-out. ("The server is temporarily unavailable.....").

I get there eventually, but it takes a few tries.

Other sites load OK, and my connection is chugging along at between 8 and 9 Mbps.

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Stuart,

.......... or is anyone else having problems connecting to OPF?

Since late yesterday afternoon I'm getting a lot of "Connecting to...." and "Waiting for....", often followed by a time-out. ("The server is temporarily unavailable.....").

I get there eventually, but it takes a few tries.

Other sites load OK, and my connection is chugging along at between 8 and 9 Mbps.

Stuart
There are no problems at my end. Perhaps a problem with your ISP or the DNS servers? It can be a route specific issue. I know that this does not help you, but nevertheless :)

Cheers,

StuartRae

Thanks John. Seems to be a bit better at the moment. As Cem said, maybe it was a DNS problem, although I'd have thought it would affect other sites.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a problem :)

Stuart

Thanks John. Seems to be a bit better at the moment. As Cem said, maybe it was a DNS problem, although I'd have thought it would affect other sites.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a problem :)

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this site does what it says, but perhaps worth trying the first link:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Just ignore the commercial second link on the page.

Anyway, no problems at my end.

Cheers,
Bart

Cem_Usakligil

FWIW, I have a sluggish connection to OPF right now. Other sites are accessible at nominal speeds as usual.

Cheers,