• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Miss J., After Eating Chocolate

Mike Spinak

pro member
4883276562_ae263afb06_b.jpg

This is from a session I was hired to shoot, a few months ago. It was candid portraiture, at their home, in natural light. At a certain point, the Mom gave this little girl some chocolate, to keep her in a chipper mood for the rest of the session.

I managed to get this shot, before her Ma wiped her face. For her mother, this was a perhaps mildly cute picture of her kid with chocolate on her face, while she preferred the more normal stuff.

For me, this was the best of the session. For me, this chocolate ring all over her mouth captures her youthful innocence, while the rest of the picture shows her beauty.

- Mike

http://luvnlifephoto.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

This is far safer than taking pictures bare-feet in the woods. Your wildlife work is amazing. I have only seen a few pieces of your portrait work. One of a little girl cleaning her teeth by the sink comes to mind. Is this that girl grown up?

Mike Spinak: Miss J., After Eating Chocolate

What brown eyes! Beautifully images and the chocolate ring is a perfect finish. I'm so happy to see work like this with no pretenses!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Mike,

For me, this was the best of the session. For me, this chocolate ring all over her mouth captures her youthful innocence, while the rest of the picture shows her beauty.
A lovely portrait for the reasons you have stated. Thanks for sharing it, it's a gem.

Cheers,

Mike Spinak

pro member
Thanks, Asher. Thanks, Cem.

Yes, much safer. And I'm doing more portraits and events, these days - especially baby and kid portraits. I'll post some more, soon.

Not the same girl, Asher. This was a client I'd never met, before.

Charlotte Thompson

Mike

Very beautiful portrait work
I LOVE the chocolate ring/some personality to the work-
lovely color/crystal clean
what sort of camera do you use and lens?

Charlotte-