• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: All in a day's work..

fahim mohammed

p579792783.jpg

Don't tell me how educated you are.
Tell me how much you have travelled.
------------------------------------------------
Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH )

fahim mohammed

Cem, I asked my wife about the thing on the nose. It is called a nose pin in English. Mostly worn by the women in the India, Pakistan, Bangla Desh and Sri Lanka. It has become a fashion symbol, otherwise usually worn by married women. The ornament value depends on the financial status of the person concerned. Caveat...her understanding from talking to women of these countries.

Regards.

Excellent picture and a mesmerizing smile on a beautiful lady. But what about the thing on the nose?

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Charles, thanks for stopping by.

I might be a little aggressive in my sharpening, as has been pointed out to me on several occasions.

As to this one, however, I shall let it stand as it is. There was minimal pp and sharpening ( selective ) on this one in any case.

Appreciate your input.

Yes, but it looks like your post-processing has caused it to become blown out with a dark line surrounding it. Prehaps too much sharpening?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Cem, I asked my wife about the thing on the nose. It is called a nose pin in English. Mostly worn by the women in the India, Pakistan, Bangla Desh and Sri Lanka. It has become a fashion symbol, otherwise usually worn by married women. The ornament value depends on the financial status of the person concerned.
And for those working with electrostatic discharge-sensitive electronic components, it can serve as a convenient personal grounding terminal.

They are very common (presumably not for that reason, nor based on Subcontinental tradition) in the US.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi, Fahim,

And for those working with electrostatic discharge-sensitive electronic components, it can serve as a convenient personal grounding terminal.

They are very common (presumably not for that reason, nor based on Subcontinental tradition) in the US.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug, with chicken curry being the number one British dish, that nose pins are catching on in the US doesn't surprise me at all. What with all the outsourced call centers..

As for grounding terminals. I agree. I have used them as such myself on a few occasions.! Not the nose pins.

Thanks for looking in.