• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Meow

Daniel Schaefer

tumblr_lffppq2Tul1qbvt5to1_500.jpg

Full Size

i've been playing more and more recently with street portraiture, ive been a street photographer for a while, but always in a way that kept the images as candid and pure as possible.
i've been playing with a new approach that one of my friends dubbed the 2-1-2.
spot your subject, and as you approach, shoot twice, this gives you two initial candids to work with.
then, politely ask your subject if you can take their portrait, dont push too hard, but dont give in too easily, compliment them, tell them they're "striking", if they agree to a shot, take one, only one, then thank them, if possible, tell them a way they can get ahold of the image, and then move on. but thats not all, before you leave completely, shoot two more, these shots tend to have the effect of showing the subject in a moment of happiness, and bemusement at an event that they are sure to tell their friends about.

the shot above, is a 1

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

i've been playing more and more recently with street portraiture, ive been a street photographer for a while, but always in a way that kept the images as candid and pure as possible.
spot your subject, and as you approach, shoot twice, this gives you two initial candids to work with.
then, politely ask your subject if you can take their portrait, dont push too hard, but dont give in too easily, compliment them, tell them they're "striking", if they agree to a shot, take one, only one, then thank them, if possible, tell them a way they can get ahold of the image, and then move on. but thats not all, before you leave completely, shoot two more, these shots tend to have the effect of showing the subject in a moment of happiness, and bemusement at an event that they are sure to tell their friends about.

the shot above, is a 1

Daniel,

This is a very interesting way of going about street shooting. could you give us some of the whole series of 2-1-2 snaps. I really am intrigued with this idea!

Asher

Timothy Bearden

I had a double take. First I thought the title should have been bark......because of his beard. Then I finally saw felix the cat. Makes so much more sense now.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Daniel,

That's very nice. The "triple double- tap".

Best regards,

Doug