• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Malibu last week-end

Philippe Paquet

I got to play with an Hasselblad h3D last week-end. What do you think?

4d43b80392cbf.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What can one think? She's hot and has marvelous shoes. I'd consider a bold crop just taking the top edge of her hat.

Asher

Philippe Paquet

What do you think about that one? I've been tinkering with the color for hours. It looks good but there is still something bothering me and I can't put my finger on it :(

4d469f4d7df22.jpg

Jean Henderson

Hi Philippe,

In the first image, the thing that bothers me most is the tattoo on her hip being visible. The one on her lower leg works for me almost as an element of pattern repeated from the swim suit, though. GREAT SHOES, too!!

In the second image, I agree with Sandrine about the midtones, but what initially bothered me the most is the unstraightened horizon line which, to me detracts from, rather than adds to the image.

Will you take me swimming with you, Sandrine? Someplace warm, though?

Jean

Jean Henderson

Not being up to date on France's current weather, what are you experiencing? Here in Connecticut, USA, (Southern New England) we are having what may prove to be a record breaking snowfall season. Here is a snap taken this afternoon of how high the caterpillar machine had to pile the snow for our 3 car parking lot that currently can only fit 2 cars. The snap is just brought in with my LR3 preset and not otherwise worked on as it is just for the memories. Besides, more snow is coming tonight and tomorrow!

IMG_0388.jpg

Wow, what is that blown area on the front of the garage roof? I know, the scene is mostly in open shade, but I failed to notice that the soon to be setting sun still shone on the roof...

Cabin fever time! (But being from Maine, I secretly love it!!!)

Jean

I am not particularly aware of the weather in France (I can check if you like :) ) but here in Brighton is moderately cold: Moderately for the season, and cold because for a French, (southwestern France) even in summer, it's cold... But slowly I get used to it... But it's a shame having the sea at your doorstep and cannot bathe in it, barely in summer (summer to be between the 15th june till the 1st August, no, I'm kidding) and of course never in Winter (all the rest of the year :) ).
That's why there a big sigh in my message....

Philippe Paquet

Hi Philippe,

In the first image, the thing that bothers me most is the tattoo on her hip being visible. The one on her lower leg works for me almost as an element of pattern repeated from the swim suit, though. GREAT SHOES, too!!

In the second image, I agree with Sandrine about the midtones, but what initially bothered me the most is the unstraightened horizon line which, to me detracts from, rather than adds to the image.

Will you take me swimming with you, Sandrine? Someplace warm, though?

Jean

Thanks a lot Jean. It's interesting that the inclination of the horizon bothers you as I selected that one for that reason. I feel it's a bit more dynamic.

You should all come to swim in Malibu :)

Jean Henderson

Philippe,

Does this preserve enough dynamism for your satisfation?The diagonal is no longer part of the horizon line, just a part of the background. It just took a little cloning in the upper right hand corner in case it interests you. It's the diagonal in her posture that is the real dynamism here -- plus all the rest of her, that is!

Philippes-Tiger-Girl02.jpg

Sure, I'd love to visit Malibu!

Jean

Philippe Paquet

Philippe,

Does this preserve enough dynamism for your satisfation?The diagonal is no longer part of the horizon line, just a part of the background. It just took a little cloning in the upper right hand corner in case it interests you. It's the diagonal in her posture that is the real dynamism here -- plus all the rest of her, that is!

Philippes-Tiger-Girl02.jpg

Sure, I'd love to visit Malibu!

Jean

I like that :) That keep the movement of the picture.
I've been working on the toning. I think I'm nearly there.