• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stranger 18 - Tiny

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

The image below is the latest addition to my 'Stranger Awareness' Project, which you can read about over here ony my photoblog:

http://matthewhalstead.com/blog/stranger-awareness/

Anyway, any comments / critique would be greatly appreciatied.

Stranger-18-Tiny.jpg

Many thanks :)

Randy Rebolos

Hello Matt,

This one has a "cinematic feel" to it (I'm a fan of Vincent Versace). Nice separation of the subject against the background. The light is beautiful. Well done.

Randy

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Matt,

It is nice to see you posting again. I like this picture and some others in your photoblog. But I should confess that I am a bit unclear re. the goal of this "stranger awareness" project despite the explanation in your blog. The inherent idea I get by your title is that the lookers will gain some kind of awareness about strangers but how and why this will happen is a bit misty to me. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Matt Halstead

Hi Matt,

It is nice to see you posting again. I like this picture and some others in your photoblog. But I should confess that I am a bit unclear re. the goal of this "stranger awareness" project despite the explanation in your blog. The inherent idea I get by your title is that the lookers will gain some kind of awareness about strangers but how and why this will happen is a bit misty to me. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Simple. You as the viewer are gaining the awareness.

Cem_Usakligil

Simple. You as the viewer are gaining the awareness.
No so simple imo. Why am I gaining awareness by just looking at your pictures? And what awareness is that precisely? Because if you have not used the words "awareness" and "strangers" anywhere in your introduction to this set, I would never think that I was now aware of something after having seen the pictures. I would like of dislike them but becoming aware of something? I don't think so.

Cheers,

Matt Halstead

From experience I have found the users of this forum, including yourself to be extremely astute, and intelectual in their approach to imagery.

Sometimes it's nice to appreciate a picture for what it is not what it is meant to mean :)