• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Little Wild Strawberry Flower

Mary Bull

Here's the link to some renditions of an image I took with my Canon G2 early this morning. It was foggy, and I almost didn't go out.

But then, I thought of my sister's young maple tree in its luminous dress of yellow leaves and thought it might look good veiled by light mist, seen against the soft gray sky. Shot a bunch of views of it--my idea was good, but the problem of the urban background remains, so far as local trees go.

I decided to photograph the little mushroom descendant on my front lawn again, after I had exhausted all angles for the tree.

As I was walking toward my front lawn, pushing the button on the camera to change to macro, I spotted a familiar tiny flash of yellow--something I hadn't seen since summer: the bloom of the wild strawberry, near the brick patio.

It must be the last strawberry of the year. So fragile that when I bent to move a grass stem from above it, three of the five petals fell off, and one of them shattered to bits.

So, I took the photo anyway. Two in fact, and one was in pretty good focus, although I didn't have the little flower entirely centered.

Here's the link to it on the gallery that Cem Usakligil is hosting for me, for my use as a member of OPF* :

http://opf.mediacentric.nl/albums/m...l?g2_imageViewsIndex=0&g2_fromNavId=x83dec76f

While you're there, have a look at the excellent crop and rendition which Stuart Rae made for me from the RAW file.

*Cem, thanks again for hosting the gallery on your website for me.

Mary