• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hey - Better late than never !

Jim Kenny

From Chapel Hill North Carolina

I picked a camera back up at my sons soccer game because some of the soccer mom and dad's I shared the sidelines with were really over the top ... way to vocal. So I moved down near the goal line with a camera ... never looked back ! except at my wife of course : )

One thing lead to another and I found something I could do that I enjoyed and was able to be with the family while I enjoyed my hobby.

Currently working to increase my skills with a flash ... I know it sounds simple but when I start out with something new it never seems to be as easy as others make it look.

I shared a couple pics on the sports board and hope to be sharing my success with the flash !

This looks like a fun group !

Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

I like you photos especially the very celebratory hoisting of the player! Must have done something great!

I like the web design with the set of squares in a block which select the pictures. Is this a standard template and what software did you use for it?

In particular, your images pop up fast!

Very nicely done.

Asher

Jim Kenny

Asher - thanks for the kind words

As for the website, I put that together and to serve up the pics ... Simpleviewer ....... http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/

I wanted flash because of the Rt Click save image as is not an option. I know if you can see the image on the screen you can get the image. oh well .

Lots of information on the web that helped me learn HTML and was able to put that site together and maintain it myself. Nothing fancy just a place to serve up some pics

Jim