• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: close up of an eel!

A good friend has recently set up a a few fish tanks, saltwater and freshwater. I was having fun trying to capture this eel...

5491797379_bacd27b960_b.jpg

d90
tokina 100mm f2.8 macro
1/320
f9
Iso200
sb600 x 2 set on 14mm
camera right set to 50%(1/2)
camera left set to 20%(1/5)

5492392692_745428886b_b.jpg

d90
tokina 100mm f2.8 macro
1/200
f22
Iso200
sb600 x 2 set on 14mm
camera right 50%(1/2)
camera left 20%(1/5)​

thanks for looking and sharing.

On a side note I'm not sure what the percentages mean on flickr for flash output?!? Would that mean I had my flashes output set to 1/2 and 1/5 respectively? That is what I'm guessing. i can't remember off hand.

fahim mohammed

Jake, I do not like eels! But your photographs I like. Me, I would up the contrast a little and selctive saturation a tiny notch on the lighter side.

I know that photographing thru a fish tank with a flash is not easy. I would never be able to it.

So more kudos to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks I'll try that. I just put my lens right upto the glass(with hood attached). put both my flashes right to the glass camera right and left(with 14mm shade pulled down) and shot away.