• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stuff you can't do with Digital.....

Jim Galli

Film mistakes are so much more rewarding...

doubleS.jpg

ghost coffeepot

Done with a big wooden studio camera a century old, but I had taken the pneumatic shutter out for repair and forgot about the 5/16" hole in the 9X9 inch lens board where the air hose goes through. The 'pinhole' was offset about 6 inches from the lens axis. Thus the coffeepot and cups was the designed picture and the window would have never been seen. You can see the ghost of the 2 cups in the upper left.

It's a double image, one with the lens, and one with the lensless 5/16ths hole acting like a rather rude 'pinhole.

Note the black background behind the cups and urn. That allowed a pallet for the pinhole image to register on. It was supposed to look like this;

15CookeCoffeepotS.jpg

cooke 15.5" series IV

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Film mistakes are so much more rewarding...

doubleS.jpg

ghost coffeepot

Done with a big wooden studio camera a century old, but I had taken the pneumatic shutter out for repair and forgot about the 5/16" hole in the 9X9 inch lens board where the air hose goes through. The 'pinhole' was offset about 6 inches from the lens axis. Thus the coffeepot and cups was the designed picture and the window would have never been seen. You can see the ghost of the 2 cups in the upper left.

It's a double image, one with the lens, and one with the lensless 5/16ths hole acting like a rather rude 'pinhole.

Note the black background behind the cups and urn. That allowed a pallet for the pinhole image to register on. It was supposed to look like this;

15CookeCoffeepotS.jpg

cooke 15.5" series IV

Jim,

Is this a challenge? One should be able to do this with a pinhole cap!

Asher