• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: No longer an OPF moderator

Cem_Usakligil

Hi All,

Since I have received some moderation requests in the past few days, I think I should bring it to your attention that I am no longer an OPF moderator. Asher and Nicolas have put their faith in me and made me a moderator on November the 13th, 2006, for which I am very grateful. Since then, I have tried to serve the OPF community to the best of my abilities. I am the kind of person who gets fully committed, not merely involved. Therefore I have ended up spending a huge portion of my free time on OPF in the past 4 years. Recently, I have been having difficulties in finding the required spare time to do the job properly. After due consideration and with considerable pain in my heart, I have eventually decided to resign from my position.

I would like to thank Asher, Nicolas and the mods team for their never ceasing support and for the excellent discussions which I have enjoyed immensely. But mostly I want to thank you, the OPF community, for putting up with my occasional moderation activities and for being there for each other as an extended family. Needless to say, I'll stick around as a regular member. :)

Cheers,

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Since I have received some moderation requests in the past few days, I think I should bring it to your attention that I am no longer an OPF moderator.
Thank you so very much for your service as moderator over the years. It has been very beneficial.

We look forward to the continuing benefit of your considerable insights as a member, freed from the awesome responsibility of "sitting in front" (as the Germans say). It's no fun herding cats.

And remember, even moderation can be employed to excess.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

I am personally grateful for you energetic attitude and devotion to dealing with a lot of matters in the background where folk lost their way or tried to use OPF for purposes we'd not want. The energy you devoted to OPF was far more than expected and helped free me for my own work. I couldn't have managed without you. It's amazing that you could even do your other work with the time you spent helping us!

Still you built a considerable body of work which made me a follower of your vision and motifs for transitions between space and time. I coined this "Portals". Your work is coherent and impressive. My interest in your creativity and arc of development has increased. There's little conscious construction as the driving force. I have wondered, what would the the products if you had more time for photography!

So, as time went on, I worried increasingly that OPF household chores vacuumed up too much of your time. You have done a good job. Now live and be free!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thanks Cem.

btw, to what you wrote ' Since I have received some moderation requests in the past few days..'
if they bother you..you know where to refer them!! They shall bother no one again!!

Take care.

Hey guy, don't let us down!
Stay there please...Sit down.
Thank you, for everything and not only the moderation...
Looking forward to see more photos now you're free from the data recognition and civil intelligence job (modern words for spy)...
and good luck...