• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Yorkshire

janet Smith

pro member
Hi

I'm a new member with a particularly interest in still life and landscape, mainy Scotland -I will be relocating to North West Scotland in 2-3 years time. I have recently had some work accepted by www.alamy.com if you search there for Jan Smith Photography you will be able to see some of my work, there is only a little with them at the moment - more to follow soon.

I recently converted to digital and am still struggling with some aspects, but learning quickly, I hope to be able to pick your brains and support others who are struggling with the transition from film to digital. I have received help from other photographers in the past and have found their support invaluable, maybe I'll be able to do the same - Jan

Mary Bull

Hi Jan,

Let me be among the first to welcome you to OPF.

I enjoyed looking at the pictures in your gallery, especially the ones of Scotland.

I live in Nashville, in Middle Tennessee, and when I visited Scotland in September 2003--the area around Glasgow--I was struck by how much some of the land resembles Tennessee and Kentucky. Might have been a factor in the settlement of this area by Scots in the mid-1700s and the 1800s.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts, both about your move to digital photography and your move to Scotland.

Mary

Marian Howell

welcome aboard Jan!
many of us here shot film in the past and have made the transition to digital so we can feel your pain (!) and help over some of the hurdles :))) sometimes that seems an endless project!!
at the same time, a good photo is a good photo, so share your thoughts and experiences there with us...
jump in!

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Marian

How nice to hear from you - thank you for your welcome, just a quick word just now, I'm about to go and help cut some trees down in my garden! regards, Jan

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Mary

Thank you for your welcome, I'm just about to do some gardening, so I'll be in touch sometime soon, with lots of questions - no doubt!! Regards, Jan