• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

November - Month of Remembrance

Mary Bull

Dierk, these are every one so very moving.

My favorite is number 4378. So poignant to me.

As you know, November 11 is a date which used to be celebrated in the U.S. as Armistice Day, to commemorate the end of World War I. Some years back, though, the designation was changed to Veterans Day, to honor all U.S. military veterans.

I wish we could have a different day for Veterans Day and have the significant historical date of Armistice Day remain as a reminder of the possibility of world peace. However faint that possibility may be.

I have such a large place in my heart for Germany and all that it has meant in my life, in cultural heritage and more recently, in e-mail friendships. The music of German composers is part of the earliest memories I have of my childhood.

Thank you for putting the link here to the pictures you made in this cemetery.

All of them are beautiful to me.

Mary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Dierk,

I am still entranced by the steps leading upwards to a tree, "14 - Friedhof Ohlsdorf 4307", to me at least, tour most significent image in the series.

One has a tree standing guard to a grave in "Baum durchsichtig Gegenlicht" while in "14 - Friedhof Ohlsdorf 4294" an autumn tree provides a sentinel for the seasons, watching who passes by and reminding them of the last journey one must eventually make.

So I'm impressed but even more moved.

Thanks again for sharing!

Asher