• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Genus: Rosa

Rick Otto

I was actually going to discard this one - I'm not sure what I didn't like previously... Too close, or too far from the Rose..?..? I love the colors, but that's not the sole reason to like a photograph. I just had a hard time with the composition, but since I've been looking at it for a while ( A small print now hangs from my monitor - something I do quite often when I'm undecided ), I've now come to really appreciate it for whatever it is...

Any opinions to share?

thanks,

Rick

5572698249_ee4c2acd33_z.jpg

Rick Otto: Genus: Rosa

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was actually going to discard this one - I'm not sure what I didn't like previously... Too close, or too far from the Rose..?..? I love the colors, but that's not the sole reason to like a photograph. I just had a hard time with the composition, but since I've been looking at it for a while ( A small print now hangs from my monitor - something I do quite often when I'm undecided ), I've now come to really appreciate it for whatever it is...

Any opinions to share?

thanks,

Rick

5572698249_ee4c2acd33_z.jpg

Rick Otto: Genus: Rosa

Rick,

The special quality of this picture to me is the sense of movement created by seeing part of a a fgure and imagining the rest. when all the answers are not provided, you generously allow us to add the restf the story. So here, for me, there's a flamingo dancer, gliding into view.

To others, it might be a picture poorly framed. They would need a glass of wine and a couple of joints but then they too would appreciate it too!

Asher

To me it's silk...Silk drapes or sheets...luxury, softness...The colors are so rich that they look man-made. I think the little dot of pink on the down left side may confuse some, but to me it breaks the evenly tones. I love that at second sight I'm able to see the veins, and the almost peachy-like texture. This one might be tricky to print properly, but I see it on watercolor like heavy paper, smooth grain, handy format: let's say 20*25cm.

Rick,

I have been by here several times as I am attracted to the image. I decided to mess with it a bit.

What closes the deal for me is cloning out the bit of color in the lower-left corner. It's the only place in the image with any blue in it.

Jerome Marot

You may want to try to crop out the bottom part. You were asking whether you are too close or too far away. Actually, you are both or, more specifically, you crop a lot more on the right of the flower than on its bottom. By cropping the bottom as well, you may find that you restore a better balance.