• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

contrasts

This should be easy, as contrasts are everywhere:

L1017411small.jpg

Spring has ended here. Full height grasses covered the wildflowers seen in this weekend's hike./5.6 1/500

scott

technical data: M8, 75/2.0 Summicron-asph, f/5.6 1/500 sec

My try:
A statue of Mary, taken in an abandoned chapel in the forest in Ariege, France
I've chosen that special angle to minimize the background in order to make the rust stand out.

publicResource.php

It's basically contrast by lack of contrast :)

Michael Nagel

Jerome - thanks! I don't know if the shape was intended for that reason, as there was a row of similar shaped trees (Munich Airport).

Sandrine - the contrast rust - no rust is well visible. I saw the same contrast, but in a different manner last year on a sculpture.

Here it is:

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome - thanks! I don't know if the shape was intended for that reason, as there was a row of similar shaped trees (Munich Airport).

Sandrine - the contrast rust - no rust is well visible. I saw the same contrast, but in a different manner last year on a sculpture.

Here it is:

Best regards,
Michael

This is so powerful. I really like the energy of the contrast!

Asher

A contrast in times -- architecture plain and fancy

From one viewpoint you can see a monastery that has been continuously operating since the 4th Century CE, the Israel Museum, an architectural highlight of the 1960s, and the high end residential architecture of the year 2005. It is all glued together by the hastily built apartments of the 1950s and 1960s (plus trees). Which appeals most? The museum just had a makeover and has some very nice new exhibit spaces. The monastery was a battleground in the Independence war 1948-49. Read Meier Shalev's novel, "Boy and Dove" for one possible story of that time and place.

CF000885small.jpg

scott

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you so much Maggie, Jerome and Jim! I must say I really got lucky with this one. I was having a go with two flashguns and self trigger in our living room. And she dashed from out of nowhere (like they always do!) and sat on my lap. Then the camera went off :)

Contrast -- two portraits

Summer, sunshine, 2007:

original.jpg

Leica M8, 1950-ish collapsible 50/2.0 Summicron

and winter, rainy, night-time, 2013

original.jpg

Olympus E-PL5, Voightlander CV15/4.5