• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Blencathra

StuartRae

While I was in the Lake District last week I visited the disused quarries at Threlkeld, where there's a mining museum and a collection of vintage excavators.

Here's a panorama of Blencathra taken from the museum car park.

Seven landscape shots stitched with PTGui.

Click on the image for a larger version.

Regards,

Stuart

While I was in the Lake District last week I visited the disused quarries at Threlkeld, where there's a mining museum and a collection of vintage excavators.

Here's a panorama of Blencathra taken from the museum car park.

Seven landscape shots stitched with PTGui.

Hi Stuart,

Well done, it gives a nice overview of the location. It also gives loads of interesting detail to inspect afterwards, which is one of the benefits of shooting panos.

A bit of a pitty you didn't include a bit more foreground, e.g. the road, as a natural boundary for the eye. That's why I usually shoot my tiles in portrait orientation.

Cheers,
Bart

Valentin Arfire

hi Stuart
a nice image - thanks for sharing

what I appreciate most in your picture is that you've managed to record much of the reality of the inspiring place.

considering you haven't used a panoramic head (or did you?) it is understandable you don't need close objects that may increase the parralax errors. Anyway, the story of the picture as you put it is your creative work and is self-explanatory.

StuartRae

A bit of a pitty you didn't include a bit more foreground, e.g. the road, as a natural boundary for the eye.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, having the road in the foreground would have helped, but I'm usually wise after the event.

Regards,

Stuart

StuartRae

hi Stuart
a nice image - thanks for sharing

what I appreciate most in your picture is that you've managed to record much of the reality of the inspiring place.

considering you haven't used a panoramic head (or did you?) it is understandable you don't need close objects that may increase the parralax errors. Anyway, the story of the picture as you put it is your creative work and is self-explanatory.

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your kind remarks. No, I didn't use a pano head - I don't think it helps much for scenic panoramas.

Regards,

Stuart