• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My new Pug Puppy Star!

Dan Siman

1565s3m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan,

Welcome to OPF.

Cute puppy. Quite challenging to shoot, they are constantly on the move if they are not sleeping. Try getting as low as possible, and shoot at eye level (putting them on a table restricts their room for maneuvering and it's easier to get at their eye level). Try to avoid busy backgrounds. Shoot a lot!

Cheers,
Bart

Adorable pug! I would love to see her whole face? Do you own a reflector? Even a large white sheet placed on the left may light up her whole lil face!

Dan Siman

Hi & thankss for the comments, Also yes i own a reflector but whether she will sit still next to a reflector may be a different matter, although when i get chance i will try my best!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Dan,

Now this is a photograph. The others were snaps. Here you have planned the composition and we get a far better experience.

15iagky.jpg

The asymmetry works well and even the out of focus blurred spots add to the success. The thing to do is to be able to select just this one from each series of pictures you make.

Good job!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Dan,

What a cute subject! I agree that having the puppy look up plaintively is a good idea, but also explore filling the frame and getting down to it's level and making it important. Are you purposely, as part of your design, putting most of the dog out of focus? If so, that's fine. Then give us a title that brings us to this unique world.

Asher