• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: The Cutest Girl I Have Ever Met ~ Tania Zheng

John Kok

Hello everyone, Im new, my name is John =)

I am an experimental photographer than within this thread I shall explain further about what I do.

This is Tania, shes likely to be the cutest girl ever =)

voguerogue.jpg

framewieleder.jpg

yourfeelgoodchannel.jpg

cutenessfantasia.jpg

Constructive C & C welcome

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Artistically Scientific Side of Things

Please allow me the opportunity to share about my actual experimental work.

As an artist, my work is about expressing a person’s character using impressions generated from photos and words and piecing them together to form a bigger picture.

Rather than on a per-picture basis, kindly consider my work through an overall point of view.

Full lengths of my experimental works can be found here

I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

John Kok

Experimental Concept

My artwork is about combining all of the impressions from of all of the photos of the model. In this set I have 50 photos, all displayed in a specific format arranged to simulate the layout of a Triptych (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych) but modified to for website publish

Other words you must consider all 50 of these photos plus the words in my article about the model for it to work. Its sort of like a macro scale kind of thing.

My experiment is about being able to accurately express a person using this means.

Approach

I capture my subjects exactly as they are despite what she says about herself and what she does in the pictures

I minimize my influence and bias in the subject by providing minimal direction and art guidance, hence minimizing influence contamination.

Everything in the photos, everything in each word and sentence belongs to the subject and none of mine.

All of this raw data is completely up to the audience to process and interpret to their heart’s content =D

Telling me your interpretation will definitely help me a lot ! So please do =)

As for the background and place i choose, this sort of captures an element of fate to my work. Its like it is fate that we have to shoot at this place at this particular moment ( i hope i am making sense )

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi John,

Yes, she's delightful! I'm surprised that I didn't comment before. Sometimes I wait for otehrs and then lose track!

I will return again and comment further.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Omg you are the owner of OPF ??? What an honor ! =) Thank you !

John,

We take a delight in seeing folk enthusiastic about their work. Channeling that to make exceptional art is wonderful when it happens. That's the idea here!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Hi John,

I went to the site referenced by you. I seemed to have got lost. Seems it belongs to a m/s Jun Woo.
There were some stories. BG database.

Maybe I missed something. I could not find a cohesive example of your experimental work.

Are you from Malaysia by any chance? Lovely country and people.

Regards.