• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Here comes "Chance"

Mary Bull

medium.jpg
Paul Barclay said:
how do i embed the image in the post-was it the size?
Paul, I've just accomplished it for you.

In your edit window, on the toolbar 5 icons in from the right, click on the icon that is a "square"--next to the icon that looks like a page with a "tail," which is the HTML quotes icon.

Clicking on the square icon brings up a dialogue. Erase the "htttp" that's already there and do a c&p of your link into the dialogue window and click OK.

HTH

BTW, Chance is beautiful.

Mary

Don Lashier

Paul, that's really one of the nicest "action" pet shots that I've seen - the timing, DOF, and focus are all perfect, and I assume the background was fortuitious (chance ;) ).

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don Lashier said:
Paul, that's really one of the nicest "action" pet shots that I've seen - the timing, DOF, and focus are all perfect, and I assume the background was fortuitious (chance ;) ).

- DL

Paul,

If you impress don, you're doing well! He's a stickler and may need a few drinks to get so generous on a first shot!

I too love this picture.

You dropped down, so that the dog is not made unimportant.

The action is at it's peak.

The paws indicate speed.

The eyes are ahead.

Best of all the dog is handsome and the color of the coat goes with the background, which not only is not distracting, but is out of focus nicely and is in harmony.

Still, I would suspect that one could get even more impact if one could give the dog more space, as it merits freedom, especially in the front. There should be, IMHO, more ground to cover to be a way for a goal to be set for the dog to overcome. We see eager ness, not a space to transit.

The latter points are my own critical values as I try to see the potential of photographs.

Again congrats on your new family member, the sale of your lens and becoming one of our family at OPF!

Asher

Paul Barclay

thanx for all the comments-i shot that picture with the 70-200 f'4 i just sold in sports mode-asher i'll take a look at possibly re-cropping to show more in the direction he's running-thanx again-paulb