• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Young male Severum

Ron Morse

I rather like what I think of as mood shots of fish. It takes pretty good timing to catch the fish in just the right place in the flash zone.

mg4966oy6.jpg

Ray West

Hi Ron,

What size (inches will do) is the fish. and what mood, happy, sad, or what ;-) I guess you didn't mean it like that, but can you actually tell whether a fish is happy or sad, does it even mean anything to fishes, by the facial expressions - cuttle fish, other brands, excluded?

Best wishes,

Ray

Ron Morse

Ray,
This fish is about 6 inches. Can grow to about 10 inches more or less. The term mood shot is more or less accepted as meaning the lighting. Not my idea. Like mood lighting in your house.

Fish definately do have moods. Usually they express their feeling with colors, fin positions and posture. A fish with gills extended out to the sides, very bright colors and fins extended would mean to get out of my territory now or fight for it. The same usually without the gill spread could be a male showing what a splendid mate he would be to breed with to a female. A fish that is afraid usually will have his fins close to its body with dull colors and try to stay as unnoticeable as possible.