• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Portfolio Series for Your Consideration: An invited Series Portals: One Within Another

Cem_Usakligil

This was taken in the medieval city of Pals in Catalunya, around midnight. As you can see, I have a BW version since the color of the street lamps gave the picture an ugly hue. This one is all about the verticals, arches, curves, doors, windows and the winding path in the picture, each one within another. It reminds me of a matryoshka doll actually.

f41112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Hampton

f41112.jpg

Cem,

missed the thread and then I come and I am confronted by this ! alot of rhythm going on this..

you noticed the light and it seems to be utilised well - nice burn !

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Ah - the black and white - which I am enjoying most these days. The lines and composition are just fantastic, Cem. Please give my greetings to Hanny and Ayla!

Ivan Garcia

Cem The night BW scene is fabulous. I am a bit tired now and so, I will post a more detailed comment tomorrow. For now, I just want to enjoy the view!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Portals: One with Within Another

Cem,

I'm really impressed by this new work. It fits in very well with your growing collection under the topic of "Portals". This one has the extra idea of passages hidden in passages, as if one is entering a labrinth.

We realized over 2 years ago that Cem's work was important and that certain of his photographs have special value together as "passages through time, space cultures and cultures". This is growing into a significant collection, from which a highly polished exhibition portfolio will one day emerge.

Search OPF under "Portals" to find more in this special series. I know you will treasure them as much as I do.

Asher

P.S. If others wish follow their own journey towards a body of their own photography united by some common idea, then PM me with a set or recommend another OPF members work and let's see if we can build a few more "Series for Consideration". There's no pretense here of some academic or museum curators authority to guide you, but we will work together in an environment of honest critique to keep you, the photographer, on your own path.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ivan, Ruben and Rajan,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the picture.

Cem,

I'm really impressed by this new work. It fits in very well with your growing collection under the topic of "Portals". This one has the extra idea of passages hidden in passages, as if one is entering a labrinth.

We realized over 2 years ago that Cem's work was important and that certain of his photographs have special value together as "passages through time, space cultures and cultures". This is growing into a significant collection, from which a highly polished exhibition portfolio will one day emerge.

Search OPF under "Portals" to find more in this special series. I know you will treasure them as much as I do.
Thanks Asher for putting the focus on this picture by creating this specific thread. Those who are interested can find a set of my portals pictures displayed together on my website.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
That is a great picture, the lines and patterns are just perfect! When Asher finally allows us to sell stuff here this one will surely be a best seller!

Hi Cem and everyone! Coming late for this one, but I was stunned...
What a great composition and Black and white !
It is really a beautiful one, very quiet and yet a bit "frightening"...
Makes me think of "the 3rd man".

I also love that round shape of light in the middle, you couldn't ask for more.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ben,

That is a great picture, the lines and patterns are just perfect! When Asher finally allows us to sell stuff here this one will surely be a best seller!
Thanks for the compliment, really appreciated. This kind of picture is actually more up your street, it would artistically fit in with your Yemin Moshe series, had it been taken there. I am feeling a bit like a copycat to be honest. :)

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem and everyone! Coming late for this one, but I was stunned...
What a great composition and Black and white !
It is really a beautiful one, very quiet and yet a bit "frightening"...
Makes me think of "the 3rd man".

I also love that round shape of light in the middle, you couldn't ask for more.
Thanks Sandrine! You can always ask for more ;)

I don't suppose I have anything to add here really, except to say I also really like that photo. I guess I can add, I like the inclusion of the final doorway(the person door in the wall). It adds a bit, and make me wonder where That door goes.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

I do hope that you'll continue to do another picture in this series on a regular basis. I'd expect then some evolution of ideas. Just an idea.

Asher