• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone using Samigon VH flip flash bracket?

RoyVarley

I haven't used one, but the flip action shown here:

http://www.argraph.com/PHOTO%20GALLERY/V-H%20Flip%20Bracket/Sam%20V-H%20Flip%20Bracket.htm

Seems to place the shutter release at the bottom when the camera is in vertical mode. That would annoy me. However, I do like the idea of a "quick flip" action. I currently have the Really Right Stuff B87-B which requires an "unlock - slide around - lock" action. Not a problem for me really - couple of seconds - and beautifully made.... but that flip action looks neat.

Tim Rucci

Thanks, Roy

Glad you pointed that out, because I don't like camera rotating clockwise either. With my MkIIN, the 2nd shutter button is on the bottom right corner, so it only seems natural to rotate the camera counter-clockwise to get to the vertical orientation. That's the way I do it without a bracket, so it would be very awkward having the camera rotate in the opposite direction. And it would be hell trying to adjust to shooting that way.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a bracket because I won't be using it very much. But I do need it for a project I'm doing in a few weeks. It would be nice to find something in a similar price range, or not too much more, that would rotate in the other direction. I like the idea of rotating the camera as opposed to flipping the flash.

If anyone knows of other models that flip the camera counter-clockwise, please let me know. That's what I'm basically looking for.

Thanks again for your help, Roy.

Tim

RoyVarley

Just a thought, but RRS has an "L" bracket which gives the camera a mounting point on its left side. If you mounted the camera to the Samigon on its left side in its "unflipped" position it would be vertical with the shutter button at the top. Then a clockwise flip would shift it to the normal horizontal position. Mind you, the RRS bracket on its own might cost more than the Samigon... :(