• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enhancing OPF: Reminders: when you receive feedback, do the same for 3 others!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"P.S. Now please go to the recent posts and find 3 photographer's pictures for you to comment on! That will help make OPF work as we look after and value each other."

You will notice these words in a number of my responses to your work. It means that I enjoyed your photography enough to be moved to write my thoughts down. Please don't be offended that I ask you to follow my lead and have you, in turn, seek out other photographer's work for you to provide your own reactions, if you are moved to do so.

I have seen great work by Cem Usakligil, Dawid Loubser, Jim Galli, Ben Rubinstein and so many others not get responses they clearly deserve. So routinely, I will add a reminder. I just want everyone to know what is expected as we nurture each other to produce our best. So allow me to prod you!

At the very least, visit! Only a few pictures might be worth your attention, but then, if you find them, help us by collecting those thoughts and putting them in writing. OPF is not about gear, but about nurturing our own and each others work, so we enjoy our photography to the full.

Thanks to each and everyone for doing their part.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Thanks Asher.

OPF cannot work as a meaningful community if everyone is not willing to give something back to the other people who have contributed to them.

Mike.