• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tree Tomato

Ruben Alfu

Tamarillo is an exotic fruit from the Andes, now cultivated in many countries around the world. It is also known as "tree tomato", which I think is a magical concept and that's what I try to express in this photo. I hope you like it!

20110908_IMG_0671_flat_web.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Tree Tomato

Regards

Ruben

Charlotte Thompson

Ruben

I really like this composition- it has a spiritual feel to it
especially the circle geometry- the fruit looks like a pomegranate

Charlotte-

fahim mohammed

Ruben, love the earthly color combinations.

I am sure the fruit is tasty too..bitter or is it sweet?

The circular pattern is enticing; a little more light maybe?

Regards.

Ruben Alfu

Ruben

I really like this composition- it has a spiritual feel to it
especially the circle geometry- the fruit looks like a pomegranate

Charlotte-

Hi , thanks for your comments Charlotte, yes, the color is very similar to a pomegranate, but tamarillos are egg shaped and much smaller.

Regards

Ruben

Ruben Alfu

Ruben, love the earthly color combinations.

I am sure the fruit is tasty too..bitter or is it sweet?

The circular pattern is enticing; a little more light maybe?

Regards.

Fahim, thanks, so glad you like it. I have never eaten them, but I will do something with these ones for sure! From what I've learned, these tamarillos are tangy, and can be made into chutneys, I might try that. Regarding the light, well, this is the first iteration of this image which I edited right after the shoot, perhaps in a week or a month I'll change my mind about many things.

Thanks again my friend,

Ruben

Ruben Alfu

Impressive work Ruben. Is this part of your food photography series?

Thanks very much Cem! This one doesn't belong to any particular series or project, I do food still life on a regular basis as portfolio work, also I just enjoy a lot doing this kind of photos.

Regards,

Ruben