• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Teapots

Ruben Alfu

Hi folks, what do you think about these as still life photography?

20110918_IMG_0742.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Teapots 1

20110918_IMG_0872.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Teapots 2

Thanks,

Ruben

Jerome Marot

This is a good idea, as the shape and texture of the pots is interesting, but it is a bit too plain as a photograph. It is a beginning, now you would need to think about what you want the viewer to see.

Different lights, different processing, maybe BW, maybe a bit less close are ideas that jump to my mind. Let it sit a few days and see what ideas jump to yours.

Ruben Alfu

This is a good idea, as the shape and texture of the pots is interesting, but it is a bit too plain as a photograph. It is a beginning, now you would need to think about what you want the viewer to see.

Different lights, different processing, maybe BW, maybe a bit less close are ideas that jump to my mind. Let it sit a few days and see what ideas jump to yours.

Thanks Jerome, I certainly will return to these teapots with a refreshed mind. I like these two compositions (not sure if you saw the one in BW above), but I'm sure the theme can be explored much more.

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi folks, what do you think about these as still life photography?

20110918_IMG_0742.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Teapots 1

20110918_IMG_0872.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Teapots 2

Ruben,

I am impressed by the interactions of the teapots as if they are conversing at a social event, their curvaceous spouts making the accompanying gestures between them.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Ruben,

I am impressed by the interactions of the teapots as if they are conversing at a social event, their curvaceous spouts making the accompanying gestures between them.

Asher

Hi Asher,

That's an interesting interpretation and quite attractive idea to develop further!

Regards,

Ruben

fahim mohammed

Very nice theme Ruben!!

( p.s OT, my freudian mind, suggests phallic symbols in an interesting display of contorted forms trying to carry on a social interaction; while waiting for tea!

A zen fest of sorts, so to speak.)

But seriously this is an excellent theme to investigate with different colors and lighting.

Regards.

Charlotte Thompson

Ruben

for me I so love the bandw- it has a simple strength to it
I saw it framed and mat in all black
which would give the symmetry and curves such an outstanding elegant plea that would be extremely bold and beautiful tis my artist eye that frames the beauty of the photo-
very very nice!

Charlotte-

Ruben Alfu

Very nice theme Ruben!!

( p.s OT, my freudian mind, suggests phallic symbols in an interesting display of contorted forms trying to carry on a social interaction; while waiting for tea!

A zen fest of sorts, so to speak.)

But seriously this is an excellent theme to investigate with different colors and lighting.

Regards.

Fahim, that's a hot analysis, really very good ideas, thanks for your comments!

Ruben Alfu

Ruben

for me I so love the bandw- it has a simple strength to it
I saw it framed and mat in all black
which would give the symmetry and curves such an outstanding elegant plea that would be extremely bold and beautiful tis my artist eye that frames the beauty of the photo-
very very nice!

Charlotte-

Hi Charlotte, glad you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.