• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cowgirl, LCD Calibration test re-edit

Well I finally did it last night and borrowed a monitor calibrator and I can now say I did calibrated my LCD monitor on my laptop. I did so after I got my test prints back from WHCC.com and checked against my monitor and they were a little darker than what my monitor showed, I would have to say somewhere between .3-.5 stops darker.
Now here is my question for all of you with calibrated monitors tell the difference between these two photos:

First one non-calibrated.

0075.jpg

Second One calibrated.

0075MC.jpg

Thank You
Cody

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

How can you show us how the images looked on your monitor? Did you take a photograph?

Asher
Screen capture. I have opened both images in PS (using the embedded sRGB profile) and put them next to each other. I have then created a screen capture from this and saved it at 50% resolution. Since the capture was based on my monitor profile, I had to assign that profile first and convert it back to sRGB before saving it.

Tracy Lebenzon

> Now here is my question for all of you with calibrated monitors tell the difference between these two photos:

Yes!

I opened 2 windows and looked at each on one of my twin 23” calibrated monitors. The one from the calibrated monitor is much more open. The hair of the model, especially next to her face, is an example of the major differences. In the first one the hair is a mass of dark color, with a tiny bit of variance.

In the 2nd one, we can see the many colors and shades and even count strands. In the same way the entire 2nd image is much more open and nuanced.