• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fall II

Cem_Usakligil

C&C welcome.

f45608.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Anna,

Is the background color a real world?
Yes, those are the real colors. The houses have encapsulated scaffolding in front their facades. The outer surface of the scaffolding are covered/encapsulated by those colored plastic see-through sheets (I don't know the proper name for them).

fahim mohammed

Let me compaer this to ' Fall I '. Without the tree and the leaves, this would appeal to me more.

The color of the leaves in I enhances the the elegant simplicity of the windows in the bg.

In II, the tree stretches across the frame with its leaves breaking the harmony of the bg.

Just my 0.2 riyals worth,

Regards.

Cem_Usakligil

Let me compaer this to ' Fall I '. Without the tree and the leaves, this would appeal to me more.

The color of the leaves in I enhances the the elegant simplicity of the windows in the bg.

In II, the tree stretches across the frame with its leaves breaking the harmony of the bg.

Just my 0.2 riyals worth,

Regards.
Interesting analysis Fahim, you might have a valid point there. Personally, I felt something for the positioning of the tree trunk and the creation of many smaller surfaces by intersecting branches. This will be a recurring theme until I nail it right. :)

BTW, here is a context shot of the situation.

f45624.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Cem

I love this! It is extremely appealing to the senses-everything about this piece reminds me of changing seasons and the beauty that goes with change. For me it is one of your best !
There is am emotional feeling to this and I love that most of all-

Charlotte-

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,
C&C welcome.

f45608.jpg

Beautiful.

At first I thought you laid in the colors, which would have been very clever!

It is interesting that the one thin branch makes the lower half of the boundary between the blue and yellow "drapes" look curved.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Charlotte, Helene, thanks so much for your comments, really appreciated.

Hi, Cem,

Beautiful.

It is interesting that the one thin branch makes the lower half of the boundary between the blue and yellow "drapes" look curved.

Best regards,

Doug
Indeed the brach distorts the boundary, good catch. "Drape" is a better word for those scaffolding covers, thanks for that and for the kind comments.

Jerome Marot

I like it. I like the contrast between the organic shape of the tree and the straight shape of the colored scaffolding.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Jerome,

I like it. I like the contrast between the organic shape of the tree and the straight shape of the colored scaffolding.
These kind of contrasts have always piqued my interest. That is why I almost always include human elements even when shooting landscapes. As I told Fahim, I like the distribution of surfaces which are created by the branches and the buildings; a mixture of both worlds.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hi, Cem,

Beautiful.

Indeed, but knowing Cem's shooting style a bit better I rejected that as a possibility, which raised the amazement.

That's exactly the part that made me doubt whether it perhaps might be postprocessing afterall. But fortunately is wasn't. It was another brilliant capture that mixes an almost cartoonish backdrop coloration with the reality of the season. A masterful 'trompe-l'oeil' by Cem.

Cheers,
Bart

Mark Hampton

C&C welcome.

f45608.jpg

Cem,

given that its all in focus and in colour I like this one - its striking and feels well made ... complete...

I have not looked at the exif - but it feel like the flatness of 200mm - where 40 feet becomes nothing...

as we say in the end ov the earth...

cooleo

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

It took a while to realize that you did not modify a simple composition adding the remarkable colors but actually discovered this rare and beautiful sight. Reminds me of you find reflections of lights in the canal waters by a barge, I believe. The best camera is the one in you actually bother to carry! So often we are not prepared, as you are, for these rare events!

Asher

Tracy Lebenzon

This is a fine example of art from the ordinary. By isolating the scene as you did we are taken to a place where the real meets something closer to the imagination and the combination takes us to a place far from what’s experienced in a typical street scene.

Great job of visualizing and execution!

Don Ferguson Jr.

Cem ,great eye and love the composition with the yellow leaves against the colorful scaffold tarps . I like how you showed us the actual buildings too and pictured as they are covered.
Don

Cem_Usakligil

Asher, Tracy, Don and Jean,

Apologies for not thanking you for your kind comments earlier. i am glad you have enjoyed the picture. i am quite attuned to scenes like this as it is about the compositional division of the surface and the color assignments to segments. That's the reason why I've noticed this I guess.