• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Best Shot from Yesterday

Jean Henderson

Yesterday I went to one of the Joshua Tract's land trust locations here in Connecticut -- Josias Byles Sanctuary. Fall color has not been very remarkable around here this year but the property featured what is, at this time of year, a very small stream.

_MG_4161.jpg

As always, your C&C are welcomed. Also this was a JPEG at only 50% quality.

Jean

Jean, not bad, I like the composition of the rocks and tree and would use this as an initial shot in a series, did you get in closer to take more of the stream?

Not sure what you mean about only 50% jpg quality. Is that your save for web setting, or did you have your camera set to low quality for some reason?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday I went to one of the Joshua Tract's land trust locations here in Connecticut -- Josias Byles Sanctuary. Fall color has not been very remarkable around here this year but the property featured what is, at this time of year, a very small stream.

_MG_4161.jpg

As always, your C&C are welcomed. Also this was a JPEG at only 50% quality.

Jean

Jean,

I love it. It's tight and we get close. I was immediately seduced by the romantic thought of a figure lying where the water goes over the rocks, but then realized, no, she was not there yet.

Asher

Jean Henderson

Hi Jim!

Thanks for your comments. No, I did not get in closer for a closer shot, but I do have a horizontal version that is a bit different. I'll go get it in a bit to post.

By 50% quality, I meant it as save for web as I had first used that jpg version for a different purpose.

Hi Asher!

Glad you were seduced... sorry you didn't find the woman!

Jean