• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some of us are shooting stills, but some do also video shooting...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
For those who know me a bit, they always have seen my still pictures of boats with nice skies and sun...

What about a superyacht in bad weather?

In Dec 1999, I've been assigned by the owner to shoot a video of the Sydney to Hobart race aboard the superyacht Mari-Cha III...
You may see the movie there: http://claris.fr/mcha3.php
though the 1st 80 sec. (impressive!) have not been shot by me.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas Claris said:
For those who know me a bit, they always have seen my still pictures of boats with nice skies and sun...

What about a superyacht in bad weather?

In Dec 2000, I've been assigned by the owner to shoot a video of the Sydney to Hobart race aboard the superyacht Mari-Cha III...
You may see the movie there: http://claris.fr/mcha3.php
though the 1st 80 sec. (impressive!) have not been shot by me.

Enjoy!

This is fun, nicolas!

Why do they all wear orange prison clothes? I see 3 great sails.

Impressive to watch the guy climb the mast! What is he holding on to? The harbor seems very crowded. Too many boats for my liking; kyaks and a whole lot of things to crash into!

Which other boats were in this shoot?

The night shots are fascinating! I guess there's no helicopter for that!

Part of the movie has water on the lens of the camera. I tried to wipe it off my precious Eizo!

The sailing looks very technical with so many crew working together. However, they do well and the boat is a great lady! Must be a thrill to sail her.

Look like they need coffee!!

Great job. M&N Organization!!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Asher Kelman said:
Why do they all wear orange prison clothes? I see 3 great sails.
To be seen if they fall overboard

Asher Kelman said:
Impressive to watch the guy climb the mast! What is he holding on to? The harbor seems very crowded. Too many boats for my liking; kyaks and a whole lot of things to crash into!
He's suspended with a halyard (a kind of rope that is used to raise the sails up)
There were about 100 boats racing all other thousands where spectators!

Asher Kelman said:
Which other boats were in this shoot?
Can't remember, they where too far behind us, we won the race!

Asher Kelman said:
The night shots are fascinating! I guess there's no helicopter for that!
Nope! the morning after the night, when shooting a great surf, one wave (you can see it in the movie) came on board and took me some 30 feet further aft, fear!

Asher Kelman said:
Part of the movie has water on the lens of the camera. I tried to wipe it off my precious Eizo!
I had a waterproof box, this was really strong bad weather, it doesn't seem as the boat is really big (140') but we had more than 55 knots of wind and huge waves in the Tasmania straight...

Asher Kelman said:
The sailing looks very technical with so many crew working together. However, they do well and the boat is a great lady! Must be a thrill to sail her.
Yes! despite the rough weather, it is one of my best sailing souvenir!
The crew were from New Zealand, Australia and French. All paid professionnals.

Asher Kelman said:
Look like they need coffee!!
and Rhum!

Now, what about other guys here, anybody having some good movies to share? c'mon guys!