• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled IX

Cem_Usakligil

f27447.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

The designer who did that needs a rest!

Green is fine but the mirrors make be nervous. It's like the ante-room for the Neptune Society's "end-of-life permanent-sleep-center". Nowhere to hide!

Certainly this picture is not a simple experience! One cannot ignore it. Sterile, clinical unease is created!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

..The designer who did that needs a rest!
The architect and also the interior designer was Leendert van der Vlugt who is resting permanently since 1936.

I knew that this would be a tough one to crack judging by the reserved reactions (or the lack thereof) till now. :)

I have been constantly revisiting this picture in the past 1.5 years since I took it. It gives me a feeling of duplicity, doubt, unfulfilled perfectionism and emptiness. Originally, I wanted to title it " All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go" but decided against it.

fahim mohammed

Cem, your titles are now approaching the limits of my Latin numerical reading ability. Hopefully you shall

start with Arabic numbering.

The image is claustrophobic for me. Maybe the color, a shade of green that is too pressing. Do I make any

sense? The mirrors surprisingly do not expand the space but seem to act to constrain the soul.

An interesting take, to say the least.

Regards.

Cem_Usakligil

Cem, your titles are now approaching the limits of my Latin numerical reading ability. Hopefully you shall

start with Arabic numbering.

The image is claustrophobic for me. Maybe the color, a shade of green that is too pressing. Do I make any

sense? The mirrors surprisingly do not expand the space but seem to act to constrain the soul.

An interesting take, to say the least.

Regards.
I will switch to using the Arabic numerals from now on, lol.

The image is indeed all what you wrote: claustrophobic, depressing, constrictive. That is why it has been haunting me for so long.

Helene Anderson

Love it! So clean, so straight so . . . . . . .er . . . . . green. µThough I am a fan of architecture of the twenties and thirties, avidly watch "Hercule Poirot" just to see lots of examples from that period.

Mind you, wouldn't want to live with it, that green, though is nice to look at.

I'm still there with the Roman numerals, look forward to nr X, even XI, XII, XIII, XIV etc etc !

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Hélène,

Love it! So clean, so straight so . . . . . . .er . . . . . green. µThough I am a fan of architecture of the twenties and thirties, avidly watch "Hercule Poirot" just to see lots of examples from that period.
In that case, I will show you some more pictures taken at that location. :)

f27392.jpg

f27458.jpg

f27431.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem
another nice one!
I just regret that the lower left corner of the left door is cropped…
Would you have a vertical shot of the same scene?
Ah! those frenchies, they're never happy : D !

PS hey! what are these horrible emoticons here: :D ? I had to insert spaces between the : and the D to keep my smile otherwise I get this most vulgar green icon, beurk! awful!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem
another nice one!
I just regret that the lower left corner of the left door is cropped…
Would you have a vertical shot of the same scene?
Ah! those frenchies, they're never happy : D !

PS hey! what are these horrible emoticons here: :D ? I had to insert spaces between the : and the D to keep my smile otherwise I get this most vulgar green icon, beurk! awful!

I am with you on the cropped corner. But I couldn't back out more than this. It was handheld shooting and I had to rush before somebody walked into the picture. I may have another exposure from which I might transplant the missing corner. We shall see. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am with you on the cropped corner. But I couldn't back out more than this. It was handheld shooting and I had to rush before somebody walked into the picture. I may have another exposure from which I might transplant the missing corner. We shall see. :)

Cem,

I have no such regrets! I like the imperfections! I prefer to know that you had a thought, then a need and the picture was recorded. It is what it is and it seems to deliver 100% of what you intended. Therefore it works and is, IMHO, perfect! I only expect perfection in Vogue™ and all that is superficial and false anyway.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

I have no such regrets! I like the imperfections! I prefer to know that you had a thought, then a need and the picture was recorded. It is what it is and it seems to deliver 100% of what you intended. Therefore it works and is, IMHO, perfect! I only expect perfection in Vogue™ and all that is superficial and false anyway.

Asher

Thanks Asher for reminding me that perfectionism is not our best friend after all. I need this reminder every now and then. :)