• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello From Alaska

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug!

Your name sounds so familar too! Anyway your with friends. Alaska sounds so wide open and beautiful. Do you have Northern Lights and great scenics or are you locked in the city? What's your interest in photography or is it your profession?

Great to have your here and a large welcome.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

Your website is so full of great pictures. The bald eagles, bears and those so many wonderful landscapes. You seem to have landed in the Garden of Eden, but no apple trees!

Again, welcome!

Asher

Doug Lloyd

Thanks for your welcome and kind comments about our website. Oh we do have apple trees. LOL Crab apples. Or better know as Bohemian Waxwing winter food.
I make enough money through photography to keep the IRS off my backside as I write gear off.
Im retired USAF and also retired from the State of Alaska. I do a few contract class for the state each winter but for the most part Im a full time photographer. I don't photograph people but other than that I don't have a lot of limits. Birds and Wildlife are my passion but whatever is in season is my fav at that moment. LOL
We live rural pretty much at the base of the Talkeetna and Chugach mountains in the Matanuska Valley.
Im a Canon shooter but if Canon doesnt get off their butts and get a replacement for the 30D out I may be a Nikon shooter this spring. I passed on the 30D as I couldnt see any great advantage over my 20D. The reason Im antsy for what ever comes is I have nearly 63 thousand shots on the 20 and I expect it to explode any time. I do have a 10D and D60 so if it goes its not total panic time.
Thanks again
Doug

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Welcome, Doug

Beautiful spot in Wasilla - I was there in September went up to Iditerod Hqtrs for the day. Was supposed to go to Denali, but, our cruiseship broke down and we missed our opportunity - this time.

Welcome to OPF. I love lurking around here. Very informative and interesting.