• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Triptych of a City-scape

Tracy Lebenzon

The city core of Seattle is bordered on the west by Elliot Bay. A vantage point on the Bay a little west of the city in an area called Alki (pronounced al-keye) offers a remarkable about 300 degree view of water and not too distant shores. The view is expansive to the west, north, east and south. Only a small part on the S-SW is land locked. We recently had a fairly spectacular sunset and the following 3 panos show selected parts of the city and views of the Bay.

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama2.jpg

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama3.jpg

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama4.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The city core of Seattle is bordered on the west by Elliot Bay. A vantage point on the Bay a little west of the city in an area called Alki (pronounced al-keye) offers a remarkable about 300 degree view of water and not too distant shores. The view is expansive to the west, north, east and south. Only a small part on the S-SW is land locked. We recently had a fairly spectacular sunset and the following 3 panos show selected parts of the city and views of the Bay.

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama2.jpg

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama3.jpg

AlkiLookingWest_Panorama4.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Tracy,

I'm enjoying all of them. I'm especially interested in such pictures, (the first in particular), where the triptych follows the same scene under varying conditions. For example, right now, according to the news this morning, Seattle had a large gift of snow. Well that would make for a major change in any pano. I'd hope you can do more and consider this first set as just a down-payment of a long standing ongoing series. With the clouds and the remarkable views you show, there are endless variations to be mined.

Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of getting up to Seattle some time, just for this very reason!

Asher

Tracy Lebenzon

Thank you, Asher.

I have a number of city-scapes at my web site; some of which are done from this spot. These (above) were done for show at a gallery in the area, but i'm not sure i'll include the 3rd one. The gallery owner keeps reminding me to capture stuff from “here” as many of the patrons live in the condos along the roadway in the first capture. I try to accommodate her as she sold about 16 of my works there last couple of months.

The storm here was particularly wicked. We got a layer of ice, then about 8” of snow and then another layer of freezing rain on top of that. Having a house in the mountains, I travel a lot in snow country, but these conditions make me very wary to be on the roads in town where there are too many people with a lack of suitable vehicles and skills for the task.

Let me know if you’re going to be in the area!

Cem_Usakligil

Amazing pictures Tracy, you have captured the scenery extremely well. Makes me want to be there. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy Lebenzon

Thanks!

I did my first round of study prints yesterday and to my complete amazement they look pretty darned good, even the 3rd one. A couple of the white clouds are slightly blown but that is easily remedied.

I might do a full size canvas print of the first one.

Tracy Lebenzon

Thanks to both of you!

The informal consensus here and elsewhere is that the 3rd is the best of the group.

Just goes to show that the producer (me) doesn’t have a clue about what people like....