• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Washington's Cascade Mountains

In my first post on the forum many complained about the large size that I posted, which didn't allow them to see the picture as a whole on their smaller screens. Here are some where I'll post a smaller version, which you can click on to see the full size if you wish.

Sunset on Eldorado Peak

Sunrise on Eldorado Peak

Sunrise in the North Cascades, Glacier Peak on right.

Looking down the east face of Del Campo

One of my favorite all time images - taken after a long afternoon/evening back-country skiing on my favorite little local mountain, Mt. Pilchuck​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In my first post on the forum many complained about the large size that I posted, which didn't allow them to see the picture as a whole on their smaller screens. Here are some where I'll post a smaller version, which you can click on to see the full size if you wish.

Sunset on Eldorado Peak

Sunrise on Eldorado Peak

Sunrise in the North Cascades, Glacier Peak on right.

Looking down the east face of Del Campo

One of my favorite all time images - taken after a long afternoon/evening back-country skiing on my favorite little local mountain, Mt. Pilchuck​

Jim,

You're the first to discover that 5 pictures can fit in one post. I was wondering when folk would figure that out!

The showing of small pictures first, as you have done, allows us to enjoy and appreciate the form and composition in a way like stepping back in an art gallery.

I love these panoramas.

Asher

Thanks for the comments guys.

Asher, it's too bad there isn't a thumbnail generator integrated into the site like NWHikers. Makes it much easier to post, and pages load faster.

Edward, I do carry a tripod most of the time when hiking, not often when skiing because pack weight makes such a difference on difficult terrain, and I have a hard enough time keeping up with my younger partners. The top 3 I did have a very light tripod, but debated bringing it because it was a 3 day ski traverse with a lot of up and down (we traversed the circ in front of my partner Jeff on our last day to climb and ski Eldorado, considered by many one of the most beautiful peaks in the Cascades. The day before we had skied down the glacier behind the skier in the following picture, then climbed up to our camp, which was up to the left out of view.

skiingeldorado.jpg

Skiing Eldorado Pk.​