• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Introducing Myself

Jan Rifkinson

Hello from Ridgefield, CT.

I am a retired television production person who has always been an avid still photographer.

I am relatively new to digital photography (about a year).

In the field for events, I use a 1DMkII which I like, primarily because of its solid construction. Also the follow focus function. The other camera I carry around w me is a newly purchased Canon G7 which, in hindsight, may have been a mistake as I should have gone w the G6 so I could shoot RAW w both cameras. <the extra 2mgpxl on the 7 doesn't mean much to me>.

My interests include gardening, the Bouvier des Flanders (dog breed), photography & travel. I have thousands of pictures, few of them organized, some of them posted @ http://www.bogartsdaddy.com/Photos/default.htm

Although there is a great amount of creativity involved in manipulating photographs, I do not do that, tending to capture whatever is captured by my lens. Not as an excuse but sometimes I think soft focus photos can be powerful images under the right circumstances so I guess I'm not a purist.

I use the following software:

Raw Shooter Pro
Lightroom
Breeze DownLoad Pro
Breeze Browser Pro
IrfanView
iMatch
Photoshop CS2

If you become interested in Bouviers, you can click over to http://www.bogartsdaddy.com/bouvier/frames

I look forward to learning & participating in this forum.

Ron Morse

Welcome aboard Jan. Glad to see another dog lover. We are kept by a couple of Schnauzers. I don't leave home with out my buddies with me nor would they let me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jan,

Welcome to OPF! You'll find lots of shared experience here! You'll discover that a lot of photographers, (Nicolas easpecially :) ), also aim to get it in the shot so as to use the camera and lens with one's eye and mind in unity to make the shot.

However, to go beyond what can possibly afford to see through the viewfinder, one has the option of CS2! Still the componants should again be shot with the intent of the final work.

Otherwise the final picture may lack a genuine wholeness that comes from an arc of intent.

Doing straight forward careful camera work is always the best, IMHO. I however, do both that and in certain complex images, extensive CS2 work. The latter, however, is akin to complex wet darkroom work.

Anyway, we are looking forward to seeing some of your work!

May I update your user name to first and Last?

Kind wishes,

Asher