• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowers and Bokeh.

Adrian Wareham

I took this recently. I've been AWOL from the 'net because my last computer's motherboard shorted due to a bad power supply and caught fire briefly. Luckily the HD, and most of the parts, are ok, but I had to get a whole new computer as that one would just burn out again if I replaced the motherboard. It put out a lot of heat, and didn't perform as well as my new computer with a slightly slower graphics card, but much faster Intel Core i7 3.5GHz (as opposed to the AMD Phenom II 2.8GHz) and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. (as opposed to 7GB of DDR2 RAM, which was markedly slower) The new computer, despite doing more work, doesn't even put out hot air. It hardly even has to try. Gotta love it.

Anyway, enough of that, some delicious bokeh for everyone!

WarmFlowers.jpg

-Adrian

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi Adrian.
I don't usually comment on technical stuff so forgive me if I get to the point.
Is that chromatic aberration on the edges or is it my glasses again?
Way back when, bokeh was avoided like the plague. Funny how its come into vogue.
I suppose I'll get used to it but I always feel a bit queezy after looking at it for too long.

Adrian Wareham

That lens has very little CA on the APS-C sensors. You can just begin to see CA and vignetting if you have the 35mm 5D sensor.

There was also some movement, and I didn't use a tripod. That can blur things a bit. Whereas my Tamron 300mm lens has VERY visible CA. Blech.