• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pears!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My wife has a special recipe for pears with a cherry sauce. I couldn't resist purloining the post and putting by the window and then the light shone wrought the steam.

_MG_0987_Pears steaming_B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Pears!

Converting to JPG made the whites harsh. I'll try to deal with that later.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I love a good pear, Asher. These ones look pretty good. Are you sharing?
There's always a bowl of pears somewhere close by here. Tell your wife I'll swap my pear and ginger recipe for her pear and cherry.

_D305987 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Hampton

There's always a bowl of pears somewhere close by here. Tell your wife I'll swap my pear and ginger recipe for her pear and cherry.

Tom / Asher,

I love pears two pears or three pairs.

when i was learning about photography i was taught before GSA by a wonderful man who made some beautiful work - he loved pears.

here is a linky to one of his gallery - look for the pears !

fruit doesn't last long enough round here to burn.

cheers

Sam Hames

There's always a bowl of pears somewhere close by here. Tell yo
ur wife I'll swap my pear and ginger recipe for her pear and cherry.

Aren't you meant to take the tag off for the still lifes? ;)

You could interpret Asher and Tom's different takes as much more than pears - just compare the two and you get a very strong sense of what is important to each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

I also took pictures just peaking in to see how they were doing.

_MG_1010 saucepan lid lifted.jpg

Asher Kelman: Pears! #2

No labels to be seen!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Hi Asher,

Very good shots, I hope you are enjoying the beauty of the pears with cherry both in your eyes and your palate! The major problem with this kind of art is the wife's patience :)

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher,

Very good shots, I hope you are enjoying the beauty of the pears with cherry both in your eyes and your palate! The major problem with this kind of art is the wife's patience :)

Regards,

Ruben

Well, that's true, Ruben. I'm embarrassed to have to admit that I was wrong. It was not cherry but a wine that had the bouquet after rendering it down with some secret spices! So there you are, I am easily fooled by a smart lady! good thing she's always on my side!

Asheer