• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Back from Black

Jarmo Juntunen

(the prefix should read My Life which would be more appropriate)

This is a meaningful picture on a personal level. Nothing tragic happened on the day it was shot, on the contrary. But later, when I saw this picture, it immediately connected with earlier, much sadder days.

Back from Black

_medium.jpg

Mark Hampton

This is a meaningful picture on a personal level. Nothing tragic happened on the day it was shot, on the contrary. But later, when I saw this picture, it immediately connected with earlier, much sadder days.

Back from Black

_medium.jpg

Yes

yes, thanks for posting an image that burns into my head.

Sam Hames

I find this a bit haunting. I don't read it as positive or negative: just a kind of stark ambivalence.

It is very interesting, I've been staring at it. I feel like there's more of the story to be told. Or maybe that is the appeal?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Back from Black

_medium.jpg

This work reminds me of seeing barefoot Bangladeshi children working to salvage scrap iron from the dark cavernous dead ships brought there to beches such as Chittagong to be salvaged.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Sam and Asher! I'm very pleased to see this picture evokes a reaction. I do have a very strong personal relationship with this photo. It is sort of a retrospective interpretation of things in the past. If I try to forget that approach, I find Asher's story quite appealing.

John Wolf

Isn't it great when a photograph has strong personal resonance or a message? They don't come along that often, but when they do they offer something special.

John

Jarmo Juntunen

I agree John! Photography feels worth while on the rare occasion when I manage to accomplish something else than just a record of life.