• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Trying to glimpse the future for the younger

Antonio Correia

i-zhzLhGh-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Trying to glimpse the future for the younger
i-zhzLhGh-XL.jpg

Antonio,

This is more of trying not to look as their future seems already written. This is nothing less than tragic. I could also say deplorable, frightening, sad and you could add many more descriptors and not run out of what to say as these pictures are worth many thousands of words.

Unfortunately, they cannot escape. We can just go on to the next picture. They seem so trapped!

Excellent work and empathy. I have always admired your photography but this one is especially important and hope you will work diligently on prints.

Asher

Antonio Correia

... Excellent work and empathy. I have always admired your photography but this one is especially important and hope you will work diligently on prints. Asher

Asher, work on prints ?? What for ? To pile them on the garage getting dust ? Show them in expositions where nobody has money enough to buy ? Crisis, remember ?

Things are getting worst everyday !

I just play like a kid with my images. :)

Thank you Asher for your kind words. :)

Asher Kelman

Asher, work on prints ?? What for ? To pile them on the garage getting dust ? Show them in expositions where nobody has money enough to buy ? Crisis, remember ?

Things are getting worst everyday !

I just play like a kid with my images. :)

Thank you Asher for your kind words. :)

Make me one print, 8x10 and I'll hang it in my house as a reminder.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Make me one print, 8x10 and I'll hang it in my house as a reminder. Asher

Deal. BUT one condition: no money. No, two conditions.

The size must be 15/20 cms 5,9 inches / 7,8 inches.

You will have to send me your postal adress if you please in PM.

I will make it VERY nice in a plotter. :)

John Wolf

Hi Antonio,

Another superb example of your excellent seeing and processing skills. What can I say? All the stars aligned - or your aligned them - for this one.

John

Antonio Correia

This was photographed during our travel to Malaysia, Borneo some years ago. We visited a tradicional longhouse - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longhouse#Borneo_longhouse - which you can see in a not so good photograph in Batang Ai National Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batang_Ai_National_Park

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=batan...4,5.951843&t=h&hq=batang+ai+national+park&z=9

We stayed there for some time talking to people and having a meal. People living in this longhouse were there waiting for us expecting some tips as well as gifts the guide offered.

It almost reminded me like a visit to a house in the suburbs of a large city of the World where poverty co-habits with richness.

i-pJRDJr2-L.jpg

Antonio Correia

Like where? What would you like to achieve? Recognition? Money? Something else ?John

Recognition would be enough.

Money is also important of course but not the main target.

I think recognition comes when you have the right social connection or are inside the correct circles where it is very difficult to get in.

After you are recognized - by the public, society, circle, press, whatever - you can do no matter what, that it will be classified as good. I even think that certain artists (recognized ones) play with the public because of the bad work they do. Kind of testing: let me do this to check if they (critics) say it is fantastic.

I will not name examples of course. I do know one person in here who doesn't know anything about photography but is a star because of the support he gets with the connections (political) of his brother.

He exposes almost without spending money ! A shame ! Some people say it is a great work because they need the social connections and his brother. A prostitution variant .

I think it does happen more or less everywhere. :)

And
A curious phenomena happens in this country: if you - being Portuguese - comes recommended from abroad you are the best. If you struggle inside, you don't or it is very difficult to climb.

John Wolf

Well, Antonio, you're certainly famous here for your exceptional work. :)

Perhaps your could start small in your community, with showings in cafes, banks, and such. In the US we have outdoor art shows in every town. The good ones are juried and are a fairly nice venue for sales and exposure.

Then there's the gallery route, for which I think your work would likely generate interest, with its dimension of social consciousness.

You might start a thread in the Pro-business Forum. Perhaps others have ideas.

I had aspirations for all of this at one time, but not much anymore. I'm fairly content with shooting for myself and scant web exposure. Although -- this sounds odd to say -- sometimes I look through my galleries and am so moved by some of the photos that I would love for others to share in them.

John

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

Of course, I see it now. I hadn't recognized it as a hand or a defect, just something unimportant hanging there, LOL!

Asher

I have just been to the photographer who is going to print the image I am going to offer you.

Details I will give you later as the kind of paper for example.

He gave me a small tip which I am about to implement to improve the quality of the image.

It's is going to fantastic. :)

Asher Kelman

I have just been to the photographer who is going to print the image I am going to offer you.

Details I will give you later as the kind of paper for example.

He gave me a small tip which I am about to implement to improve the quality of the image.

It's is going to fantastic. :)

Thanks Antonio, this is both generous and a special personal value for me.

Asher