• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happiness

Adrian Wareham

A photoshopped picture, now into silhouette, but showing the same happiness. She was smiling at her son, but, clearly, it would be wrong to post his picture here. Anyway, she doesn't mind. =)

Canon EOS 60D
50mm Sigma f1.4 lens set at f1.8.
ISO Speed 100
1/8000 sec exposure

TinaAndHarleyPrint_ThresholdSmall.jpg

-Adrian

Tom dinning

Registrant*
A bit of overkill on the processing, Adrian. Such high contrast doesn't instill a sense of happiness or accentuate the woman's joy. Its a bit like painting the bedroom black so you can get some sleep. Just doesn't work.
And what's with the kid? Is there a law against posting kids with their mum's I don't know about? I have a feeling you have a good photo in the files somewhere and you've murdered it with a bit of over-enthusiasm for the sliders in PS.

Cheers
Tom

Adrian Wareham

There are laws here regarding children in photographs, but I just didn't feel right about it on a totally public forum. She wouldn't care, but her kid might when he gets older. When Harley is old enough to ride a Harley, I don't think he'll want these to even exist. ;) haha

I was going for a ratio of black and white just such that you can still see the shape of her face, the flower in her hair over her ear, the long lashes, the smile on her face ... but no more. No race, no anything. Just a woman, a beautiful, smiling, woman, and no more.

It's supposed to be as minimalist as I can get, but I'm not that good at it just yet. :)

-Adrian

p.s. The original file is being put into prints. I wouldn't not keep that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There are laws here regarding children in photographs, but I just didn't feel right about it on a totally public forum. She wouldn't care, but her kid might when he gets older. When Harley is old enough to ride a Harley, I don't think he'll want these to even exist. ;) haha

Adrian,

Being that considerate would limit you as a dictator, general and even, at time, perhaps as an artist! You do have the law on your side, at least in the USA. But still, you chose kindness and great consideration.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to photos of kids. I am law abiding in my approach as well as considerate.

_D300719 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

I won't go on about my point od view here just let you know that this mother takes every opportunity to show the world how beautiful her daughter is and how much love there is between them.
Surely there can't be a law against that in any country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian Wareham

Of course not. I've since gotten her permission. (btw, it IS a misdemeanor in California to take pictures of a child at a private event and then broadcast on the news, net, or sell)

TinaAndHarleyPrint2.jpg

TinaKissingHarleyPrint2.jpg

TinaHarleyAndFlowersBlackAndWhite.jpg

-Adrian