• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diagonally Under the Bridge

Jarmo Juntunen

This one did pretty well in a local photo contest:

_medium.jpg

I am not surprised that it did well in a contest, Jarmo. Congratulations. There are lots of details to puzzle over. Were the objects photographed as found, or did you do some arranging? I like how the front axle of the bicycle rests just inside the lighted area. Is that a laptop in front of the column?

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Tom, I'm pleased you liked the picture! I didn't make any arrangements, everything was as you can see in the picture. That's not a laptop, it's a pizza box.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It reminds me of the EV compensation button on my Nikon, Jarmo. On one side, over exposed, empty, and the other, dark and full of stuff. Two views of the same place, with a distinct division as though it's a fence or some sort of transformation zone. The effect is quite mesmerizing and haunting. 'another world. Enter at your own risk' the diagonal gives it added strength.
As usual, beautifully done.
Cheers
Tom

Jarmo Juntunen

It reminds me of the EV compensation button on my Nikon, Jarmo. On one side, over exposed, empty, and the other, dark and full of stuff. Two views of the same place, with a distinct division as though it's a fence or some sort of transformation zone. The effect is quite mesmerizing and haunting. 'another world. Enter at your own risk' the diagonal gives it added strength.
As usual, beautifully done.
Cheers
Tom

Well thought, Tom! I like your interpretation of the picture. Thank you! Rgds, Jarmo

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This one did pretty well in a local photo contest:

_medium.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen: Diagonally Under the Bridge

But it's that bicycle that finally makes the picture work. It's that serendipitous design, (with the front wheel missing, that indicates someone might perhaps come back), that adds the necessary "plugin" to our empathy. Note that the red tubing of the front of the cycle frame will converge with the shadow edge at the top left corner of the photo.

Asher