• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Toy. A Child's Vision.

Jarmo Juntunen

I went though the forgotten and abandoned toys in the kids' room and came across this chap. The uneasy feeling dolls arouse is not a fresh idea, I know. But I just needed to shoot this "portrait".

_small.jpg

The doll was decorated most likely by my three year old. Finding this gave an idea for a new project...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I went though the forgotten and abandoned toys in the kids' room and came across this chap. The uneasy feeling dolls arouse is not a fresh idea, I know. But I just needed to shoot this "portrait".

_small.jpg

The doll was decorated most likely by my three year old. Finding this gave an idea for a new project...

Powerful and sinister! Surprising that this didn't frighten the kid! Jarmo, could it be that deterioration of colors made a transformation to the negative?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Powerful and sinister! Surprising that this didn't frighten the kid! Jarmo, could it be that deterioration of colors made a transformation to the negative?

Asher

Cheers Asher! I've seen my kids do scary make-ups for their dolls before but this guy cleaned the table. You're right about the colour deterioration but what really scares me are the eyes, they are still strong blue and look so alive.

If I have my way, this is a draft for a new project. I'll ask the kids to decorate their toys in any way they see fit and take pictures of the results. It will be interesting to see how I will feel about a child's vision of beauty.

Mark Hampton

Cheers Asher! I've seen my kids do scary make-ups for their dolls before but this guy cleaned the table. You're right about the colour deterioration but what really scares me are the eyes, they are still strong blue and look so alive.

If I have my way, this is a draft for a new project. I'll ask the kids to decorate their toys in any way they see fit and take pictures of the results. It will be interesting to see how I will feel about a child's vision of beauty.

Jarmo,

sounds like an this could be a proactive take on things - they way children draw and see things can be very illuminating.

my son is drawing people from the inside out at the moment. The images have a strange wrong rightness about them.

looking forward to your results.

cheers

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Rachel and Mark! I'm really looking forward to doing this myself. The way kids see the world is amazing! They can really make us boring adults look differently at things we take for granted.
Oh, and Rachel, welcome aboard!