• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flora

George Holroyd

Something a little different from within my current body of work...a mini-series, of sorts.

no-15.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 15

no-16.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 16

no-17.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 17

From the series "33 Meters Squared"

fahim mohammed

Coming from me, it might be a surprise, but I find the first of the images to be contrasty!! Nothing wrong at all with that. If that is the intention. However, I would depict the flora in a more gentle, smoother fashion.

Maybe it is my monitor and/or lighting, but I find the images a little dark. A slight curve manipulation is what I would do.

Peronally, my images are over contrasty, over saturated, over sharpened. So take what I have said with a big grain of salt.!!

The theme and images you have presented are very nice indeed.

Thank you for sharing

George Holroyd

Fahim, thank you. Yeah, they do have a lot of contrast. Basically, the processing is as close to uniform among each of the images as possible. The first one also has a vignette applied, which is not something I add often. Looking at the out-of-camera RAW file, the scene was pretty flat to begin with, I just liked the grouping of those leaves in our courtyard. I've gone back at least twice and shot the same scene in stronger light but I still like my first attempt best.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Something a little different from within my current body of work...a mini-series, of sorts.

no-15.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 15

no-16.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 16

no-17.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 17

From the series "33 Meters Squared"

George,

What a stroke of imagination and boldness to place a woman in between flowers, her skirt the petals that serve the gems of femininity for us as for flowers. Simple, dashing and remarkable.

Asher

George Holroyd

Not very original, I suppose. These three images are 3 out of 33. Hopefully, the other shots balance things out. Although, I think I have to develop a better sequence. I'll wait until I have prints in hand for that. There are one or two images in my series with some originality, at least to my eye. Perhaps that's enough for now. The next series will only benefit from earlier lessons learned.

Thank you for your feedback.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These images should be judged ideally in context of the other pictures made by George. So it's helpful to follow links to the other images and get a feel of the siblings of these pictures to realize that the contrast fits in well.

Asher