• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bizzare

Robert Watcher

Only section that seemed to fit was Industrial

With the mirrored reflection of the light in the wheel, and the strange shapes in the chrome details - - - looks kind of bizzare. Is it an creature or alien from some sci-fi movie?

13421074924297_bizzare.jpg

I love the reflection in the chrome but find that the lower left iof the photograph really pulling my attention away from it and I wonder if you considered a crop something like this:

vintagecarrobertwatcher.jpg

i hope you don't mind that I dropped it into photoshop and cropped. To my aesthetic, it now has a stronger composition.

I hope you don't mind my touching your work, and if you would prefer I delete the image, say the word and it is gone.
Maggie
edit to center the image.

Robert Watcher

I don't mind you cropping the shot Maggie. I have fun doing that kind of stuff on others people's photos from time to time too. Although you did crop my watermark out - which I'd prefer not in the future.

Does it suit my intention? No. If I were wanting a nice shot of the back end of a 57 Thunderbird, then I may consider it. However what I am seeing in my original image is this: When I look at the bumper grill along the bottom, it looks straight out of the face mask of many sci fi movies I've seen - nose or mouth. The reflection of rear light gives the appearance of a set of eyes. With your crop - which is subtle and really doesn't make that much of a difference I don't think - I don't see that so as strongly. For me it is the distraction of the big chrome bumper feature that is appealing, probably even if I was just seeing it as a car detail shot.

Quite a few people can't see what I am seeing it appears - but fortunately for me, I had one photographer respond to me "Interesting... cool that you noticed that. I can see the alien theme.". made me feel like I wasn't off my rocker. hehe. I guess for some it just depends how hard one squints. ;)

Robert Watcher

HEY - - - I've got a great tip for you and anyone else wanting to grab images and crop them or process them a bit online, to see what could be done or just to have some fun. . .

. . . Go grab the Pixlr Grabber plugin for Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. I love Pixlr for image editing and even provide it for my web hosting clients along with a few other tools here:

Rob's Online Web Tools - http://robertwatcher.com/web/tools/pixlr_editor.php

Anyway - as for the Firefox plugin - - - it allows you to hover over an image in a webpage, and right click and select "Edit Image" - opening the shot immediately in a browser page and providing an almost photoshop like interface. You can then save directly to your Computer, Facebook, Flicr, Picassa and one that I like using for sending pics quickly to my kids or others is imm.io. The reason that I like imm.io for that purpose is that there is no signing, registering or processing delay. Just save to imm.io, and there is your link to send to others.

Here is the Browser Plugin Page - http://pixlr.com/grabber/

I understand now. I thought you were really going for the tail light and reflection of it and didn't realize you were telling a different story. I didn't get the alien before, but can see now that you've mentioned it.

I hope I haven't offended you. I do tend to stick my foot in my mouth. I just want so much to interact with people here and take part in their photographic journey and I guess I jump in and say what I think and feel without taking the time to step back and try and absorb what the photographer is trying to actually show me. Not many people comment here and perhaps I should refrain also until I actually have something useful to say. Forgive my faux-pas.

I have added a copyright notice to your image now, but if you prefer it be taken off, I can still pull it, if you wish.

As for the bring into photoshop, I pretty much always have PS open, so I just drag and drop from the net and it opens automatically in the program.

Robert Watcher

I understand now. I thought you were really going for the tail light and reflection of it and didn't realize you were telling a different story. I didn't get the alien before, but can see now that you've mentioned it.

I hope I haven't offended you. I do tend to stick my foot in my mouth. I just want so much to interact with people here and take part in their photographic journey and I guess I jump in and say what I think and feel without taking the time to step back and try and absorb what the photographer is trying to actually show me. Not many people comment here and perhaps I should refrain also until I actually have something useful to say. Forgive my faux-pas.

I have added a copyright notice to your image now, but if you prefer it be taken off, I can still pull it, if you wish.

As for the bring into photoshop, I pretty much always have PS open, so I just drag and drop from the net and it opens automatically in the program.

You haven't offended me in the least Maggie. I am very secure in my work and purpose for doing things a certain way - and so I do tend to be really thorough in my explanations - - - which I realize sometimes comes across that I may be upset or justifying my reasons. You have to know me and just trust that is never the case.

Please leave your edited version - there is nothing wrong with it - - - after all they say processing is only effective when starting with a great image, right? LOL (Oh humble me)

BTW - wicked (as in impressive) watermark you put on there.

didn't get the alien before, but can see now that you've mentioned it.

How cool is that!

Robert, it's just a simple font ( a particularly favorite font of mine) Trajan Pro. It is all caps but with small caps for the minuscules and slighter larger for the capital letters. All I did was put a drop shadow on it.

If you would like a large version watermark with ©robertwatcher.com I would be happy to create 3 versions (white/black/grey) that you could simply drop and resize on a layer in Photoshop or any editing program you use. They would be .pngs that are transparent and any editing program plus pretty much all browsers will keep the transparency. The grey could be any color you wanted by simply going into image/adjustments/hue-saturation and setting the layer to colorize and setting any color you choose and as much or little saturation as you would need. If interested, drop me a message with your email address and I'll send them along.

Robert Watcher

Robert, it's just a simple font ( a particularly favorite font of mine) Trajan Pro. It is all caps but with small caps for the minuscules and slighter larger for the capital letters. All I did was put a drop shadow on it.

If you would like a large version watermark with ©robertwatcher.com I would be happy to create 3 versions (white/black/grey) that you could simply drop and resize on a layer in Photoshop or any editing program you use. They would be .pngs that are transparent and any editing program plus pretty much all browsers will keep the transparency. The grey could be any color you wanted by simply going into image/adjustments/hue-saturation and setting the layer to colorize and setting any color you choose and as much or little saturation as you would need. If interested, drop me a message with your email address and I'll send them along.

How generous.