• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Transformation

Charlotte Thompson

It is a constant- Transformation-

DSC_0142-2.jpg

DSC_0140-1.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Jarmo

Thank you kind sir!
I'm one of those people who is always looking for out of the ordinary ways to express a thought. Photography is a great visual in order to do this. Emotion is a fantastic inner tool. I use it!

Charlotte-

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC III VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.3cm X 21.3cm, from a 4x5 Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Voigtlander Heliar 21cm f4.5 lens.

Far out! And here I was thinking it was just a picture.

_DSC1511 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

1000 x 665 px display on screen of your choice, take with Nikon D700 and I have forgotten which lens, on a sunny day at Dunham Massey while Christine held the dogs at bay. We had icecreams in the sun afterwoods.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gelatin-silver photograph on Agfa Classic MCC III VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.3cm X 21.3cm, from a 4x5 Tmax 100 negative exposed in a Tachihara 45GF double extension field view camera fitted with a Voigtlander Heliar 21cm f4.5 lens.

Far out! And here I was thinking it was just a picture.

Tom,

We already agreed that part of the ritual for taking pictures is the happiness bestowed on the camera operator. Keep that in mind and you won't be puzzled! Taking out a LF camera, stretching the bellows and filling the frame with something that everyone else thinks is unimportant, is what it's about. but you know that!

1000 x 665 px display on screen of your choice, taken with Nikon D700 and I have forgotten which lens, on a sunny day at Dunham Massey while Christine held the dogs at bay. We had icecreams in the sun afterwoods.

Tom,

What is the name of the flower? The tall antlers are interesting and give a lot of nice central texture. I don't recognize that form. If you can name it, I'll ask for them around here. I see a lot of flowers in the local markets that are commonly died blue. That's so annoying to me! The blue is appealing to me. I'm currently looking for anything that goes with Bombay Sapphire, as we're making a movie on that drink this weekend and the colors would be perfect. I have the model and even dresses and the liquor but not the flowers as of yet!

Bombay-sapphire.jpg

Had you not used a program to wipe out the EXIF of your Nikon picture, we could pull up the lens info for you. Actually, the Nikon lens might not be so important to folks as the LF Heliar lens used by Maris RusishereIn that case, LF macro photography is uncommon and knowing it was done with such a lens could be helpful.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is a constant- Transformation-

DSC_0140-1.jpg

Charlotte,

I see this as a dynamic vision. We all know instantly the full robust giant platform the sunflower makes when it's fresh in bloom. So this memory allows us to play out an entire season with one glance at the black and white form. This works so well that, to me, at least, the first adds nothing of consequence that would be missed by omitting it.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom,

We already agreed that part of the ritual for taking pictures is the happiness bestowed on the camera operator. Keep that in mind and you won't be puzzled! Taking out a LF camera, stretching the bellows and filling the frame with something that everyone else thinks is unimportant, is what it's about. but you know that!

Tom,

What is the name of the flower? The tall antlers are interesting and give a lot of nice central texture. I don't recognize that form. If you can name it, I'll ask for them around here. I see a lot of flowers in the local markets that are commonly died blue. That's so annoying to me! The blue is appealing to me. I'm currently looking for anything that goes with Bombay Sapphire, as we're making a movie on that drink this weekend and the colors would be perfect. I have the model and even dresses and the liquor but not the flowers as of yet!

Bombay-sapphire.jpg

Had you not used a program to wipe out the EXIF of your Nikon picture, we could pull up the lens info for you. Actually, the Nikon lens might not be so important to folks as the LF Heliar lens used by Maris RusishereIn that case, LF macro photography is uncommon and knowing it was done with such a lens could be helpful.

Asher

The only thing I can think of to go with gin is tonic, a remnant from my drinking days which, happily, are far behind me.
As for the flower, it's just as much a mystery to me. It was taken in a garden ithe UK and I didn't ask the owner what it was. I was busy running from the dog she had set apon me whilst trooping through her garden bed.
You know I was only joking about the Tech details, I hope. It's an interesting point, though. Often I ask myself what do I get out of this thing called photography and I like fondling a piece of hardware as much as the next bloke. I don't have orgasms over the LF stuff, though. Somehow, detail has never been that important. I like the feel of something fast and dynamic in my hands. The ease of digital and 35mm has been with me for so long now I guess it's part of me.
Mind you, I am impressed by the tenacity and strength you guys must have to lug that stuff around and set up the shot. I don't have the patience nor the physical capacity any more.and I've never been impressed by size or a set of numbers. Back in the days when my mates all carried note books to record every detail about their shots I was shooting away, blissfully unaware of what was happening in my camera other than the light meter telling me what to do.
I do like that shot very much. It appeals to me at all sorts of levels, none of them relating to the data provided.
And you know me by now. I can't help having a dig at people's obsessions. It's my way of saying I noticed.

And stop shifting things around on me. I' easily confused. Christine does that as well. She does it to annoy me, I'm sure.

Charlotte Thompson

I know I am not going crazy or am I? Thought I saw a post by Maris? Guess the ghost took it away- sigh-

Tom

Yes sad- just the point I guess. I am a dark soul creeping into your mind creepy laugh inserted!
I love love dark anything dark mostly. I am the "Shadow Queen of the Haunted"
You flower by the way is too happy dude!

Charlotte-

Asher
Dunno the first photo is so dark I had to share. I agree the second hits the power play for sure-
Thank you!

Charlotte-

DSC_0159.jpg

The Liquor Photo Challenge-
"After Last Nights Shenanigans"

Tom,

Tom,

Asher
Asher, Tom's flower looks like it most probably is a blue clematis, where the center is just starting to open. Most of the clematis blue tend to be a bit towards the purple side, so may be difficult to find this particular shade. A few options for you may be the Meconopsis (Himalayan Blue Poppy) that is a beautiful cyan blue with a beautiful blue yellow center or blue anemone that has a black center.